1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dwarves with guns!

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Faragon, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

[​IMG] Arcanum got me thinking :grin: This is a rough draft, but I like it already. :) Dwarves with guns! ;)

Dwarven Cleric7 / Techsmith1 of Gond
    Domains: Craft, Knowledge

Stats - Point buy 30
    Str 10 +0
    Dex 16 +3
    Con 12 +1
    Int 14 +2
    Wis 17 +3 (+2 from 4th and 8thlevel)
    Cha 8 -1

Saves
    Fort +8 (7 Base, 1 Con)
    Refl +5 (2 Base, 3 Dex)
    Will +10 (7 Base, 3 Wis)

Attacks
    Pistol +8 (5 BAB, 3 Dex)
    Musket +8 (5 BAB, 3 Dex)

Skills
    Appraise 6 ranks (8 total)
    Alchemy 10 ranks (14 total)
    Concentration 10 ranks (12 total)
    Craft Weaponsmith 10 ranks (14 total)
    Knowledge Engineering/Architecture 10 ranks (12 total)

Feats
    Cosmopolitan (Alchemy)
    Skillfocus Craft Weaponsmith (from Craft Domain)
    Craft Wondrous Item
    Craft Magic Arms and Armour
    Exotic Weapon Proficiency Fire-arms (from Techsmith)

Proficiency
    Darkvision
    Stonecunning: +2 bonus on checks dealing with unusual stonework.
    +2 bonus to saving throws vs poison.
    +2 bonus to spells and spell-like effects
    +1 bonus to attack rolls against Goblinoids and Orcs
    +4 dodge bonus vs Giants.
    +2 bonus on Appraise checks related to stone or metal.
    Favoured Class: Fighter
    Turn Undead 2/day
    Divination spells are cast at +1 Caster Level.
    All Knowledge skills are class skills.
    + Cleric Spells per Day / Spells know for each Techsmith Level.
    Create Gondsman

Weapon ideas so far:
    - Silenced Gun: No loud bang, ideal for long range surprise attacks :) Can be crafted thanks to the Silence spell
    - Incapacitating Shot: Hold person spell
    - Exploding Bullets: Flamestrike spell
    - Shredding Bullets: Inflict spells

Stuff like that :D Of course the specifics such as DC, damage and enhancement bonus need to be figured out and agreed with with the DM of whatever campaign I'll be playing him in.

Oh, and a gunaxe sounds really cool. I'd definately look into that :p

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Don't forget rocket launchers! And flame throwers! And chain guns!

...Oops, sorry - I think I've been playing too much Serious Sam 2 lately. :xx:

Actually, your idea sounds kind of neat (although I'll admit I don't know much about "true" d&d)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.