1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dwarf Berserker/Templar/Spirit Warrior

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by Munchkin Blender, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

This character total kicks ARSE!

When using a 2handed weapon I activate all the 2handed sustained talents. From there I use the Spirit Sustained talent and than go berserk. Damage output great and I rarely get hit.

Since my character is also proficient with a shield he can also become a tank by swapping out the 2handed weapon for a 1 handed weapon and a shield. The last time I checked when using a shield the character rarely was hurt by any enemy and typical damage received was less than 10 per a hit. When plummed by an orge or other monsters damage never exceed 50. Biggest damage received was by magic and that was over 100 points. Of course with a 60% magic resistance most magic misses.

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    In Awakening it doesn't take long for any character to become totally overpowered with all the new talents and abilities. Unending Flurry is just sick and many talents that I haven't tested yet are probably as overpowered.

3. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yup Awakening talents are pretty overpowered. First time I activated Accuracy and saw my normal hits hit for twice the amount I used to crit for, my jaw dropped a little :p.

4. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I have to say that the new feats are very overpowering.

My group consist of the two mage NPC (can't think of their names) and Nat Howle.

My character and the male mage are the tanks. The male mage has the Healer, AW, and Battle Mage specilization. He is using the Storm Chaser armor set.

5. Caradhras

Media:
    No argument there.

I'm actually planning to take my current Rogue to Awakening and I won't take any more talent from now on (level 18 in Origins which will let me take up to 7 of the new talents -if I manage to get to the level cap- when I'll start Awakening). That should prove totally overpowered.

6. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I will have to say this about DAO; it is a lot like Baldur's Gate 1 and 2. You really don't need to buy armor or weapons in the game.

Also, the specializations are neat and overpowering; just like the kits from BG2.

7. Caradhras

Media:
    Well, that's a good point although some weapons are really good and can only be bought (The Rose's Thorn for instance).

Other than that you don't really need an armour with a better than average Dexterity character or a Mage (any character who isn't going to be used as a tank can survive without an armour).

I actually unlocked the "I'm Kind of a Big Deal" achievement (main character never died throughout the entire game) with a Dwarf Warrior who never used a breastplate (at least not in combat, I had him wear the Legion Armour to see how it looked on him but the whole loincloth look was just too funny for him to wear a full armour at any time).

8. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I did that with my first run through as a Mage. I unlocked all the possible ending recently and I didn't do all th possible ending. Kind of funny if you ask me. The last one can be done in Awakening.

The only achievements I have left is the top achievement where you unlock all the other achievements, the elf commoner, and the achievements for selecting all the spells for the different schools.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.