1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

"Dungeon-Be-Gone" Mod -- any glitches?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Klorox, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

I've restarted this game about a hundred times, and while I really don't like mods, this one sounds awesome.

Has anybody ever used it before?

Supposedly it allows you to bypass Irenicus' beginning dungeon (saving me about 2 hours of gameplay), and you start with all (or most of) the equipment, money, and experience you would have.

I just want to make sure there isn't anything "glitchy" or bad that will happen to my game if I use this.

TIA

2. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Nothing bad has every happened to me while using it, pretty bug-free if you ask me(knock on wood). And it is one of the funniest things I have ever seen when I first got it. Worth it for that alone IMHO.

3. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Its a great mod! :thumb:

It has a great sense of humor to boot - quite a fun way to start a game.

4. Klorox

Ok, I went and DLed it, and I'm so glad I did!

LOL, the "helper" is really funny, and I don't feel like I wasted any time!

5. Razal'dar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

It's the best mod i've ever downloaded. It had me coiled up laughing for hours afterwards.

6. Drust the good Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Veteran

2 hours! I have got it down to 7 min, I do not get all the stuff, but there is not much good stuff anyway.

7. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

It´s a good mod allright. Although in many cases it bugs out for me. The teleportation works as it should, except for him. He never shows up and I´m in the end of the dungeon with no items at all.

8. Klorox

Duke: They suggested that you recruit everybody (Minsc (and Boo), Jaheira, and Yoshimo). That should fix the bug.

9. jcompton Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Yeah, I'd like to track that bug down one of these days, just haven't done so yet.

10. Klorox

Drust, tell me you're exagerrating.

I don't think it's physically possible in seven minutes.

11. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Why not? Get the dialogue shorteners and run through the dungeon. Its actually an easy dungeon without tactics installed.

12. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's certianly possible to do under 10 minutes...

... IF you bypass just about everything (including the much vaunted XP!!!). Where as, if you install this great mod, you get pretty much everything you would do. For about 1 minute worth of dialogue reading ;) .

Great mod. Thanks jcompton!!

Also, you must be congratulated for the Kelsey mod and the Flirt Packs, which are the 2 mods I install without fail. They could have been done by Bioware themselves :D Well Done!

13. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31

[​IMG] I've killed that bard guy a few times just for the fun of it. :evil:

BTW, if I kill him and complete the level as normal, can I get two of everything?

14. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yes, but its cheesy and left to your conscience ;) ... and your inventory limit ;)

15. jcompton Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Thank you. DBG was mostly Blue's project so I can't take too much credit there... but Kelsey and the flirt packs, I'll gladly take most of the credit for. :)

16. Drust the good Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Veteran

Klorox
    I did it last night and timed my self, got Minsc, Jaheira. Did not free the genie, ran passed the goblins, and most other monsters, only stopped and got the helmet, did not get the acorns,

8 min 42 sec, I have did to so many times I could do it with my pc blinded. With the xp and gold around BG II I really do not loses much. But I do think I will try the mod for fun.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.