1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dual-wieldling Neeshka

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by hedron, Mar 14, 2007.

1. hedron Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

Are two weapon fighting/defense the only dual wielding feats? I already have improved critical and weapon focus in rapier so that's her weapon of choice(for now), I was thinking of using daggers in the left hand. Any suggestions other than the obvious using a lighter weapon in the left hand?

[ March 14, 2007, 15:45: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Rapier is light, should be good for off-hand, but wasn't in NWN1. Don't know if it's fixed in NWN2. Whatever you can get for crits will serve well and she needs a ton of DEX to make up for rogue BAB and dual wielding penalties. Won't hurt her AC at all. ;)

3. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You are penalized for using a rapier in the off-hand. Rapiers are one handed, not light, weapons. They are treated as light weapons for the purpose of weapons finesse but not for the purpose of dual wielding.

Still, with the feats that you have chosen dual wielding rapiers and taking the -2 to hit penalty seems like a valid choice to me.

4. Master Leo Gems: 7/31

i gave neeshka TWF, ITWF, GTWF, and TWD,ITWD
    last feat was, i think, focus in a shortsword

with that configuration, she pretty much splattered everything (primary and offhand sneak attacks easily amounted for more than 100 dmg a round), as long as the enemy wasn't immune to crits and i did the flanking properly

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Hint: You'll run over a few smallish enchanted weapons that offer free feats and make dualwielding attractive for Neeshka ;)

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    JSBB, rapiers are light weapons in PNP. One-handed, medium-sized light weapons. Pretty much the only medium-sized light weapon to exist. AFAIK this is also the reason why they can be Finessed - they are light.

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I will take your word for it, the last time I played PNP was shortly after 2nd edition was released. I don't remember there being rapiers or finessable weapons rules under 2nd edition. What I do know is that by the NWN rules rapiers are classified as finessable one handed weapons.

It makes a lot more sense that way really - using two rapiers would be pretty awkward.

8. hedron Gems: 7/31

Veteran

That was part of the reason I used rapiers, because they can be finessed but are more powerful than daggers and cooler than a plain jane short sword.

Yea, even if you can use two rapiers I'm not sure I would use two, because I think it would be silly having two rapiers that's why I was asking about daggers.

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    JSBB is correct about the rapier (though it's not really considered light). In the 3.5E rules a rapier is a one-handed melee weapon, not a light melee weapon. It is however special in that like the whip and spiked chain (which are also not light melee weapons) it is specifically called out in the Weapon Finesse feat along with all light weapons.

10. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I've found Neeshka to be an indespensible member of my group - particularly by dual-wielding her. She can tank with the best of them. I've put all her feats into two-weapon fighting styles and improved criticals in daggers, rapiers and short swords.

One thing I've noticed (semi spoilerish): this game is a short sword fan' dream come true. There are SO MANY great short swords to choose from it's insane. When I got Shandra in my party, I was annoyed at first that they'd made her an emphasis short sword fighter w/ weapon finesse by default. Then I immediately started running into all the great shorties and haven't given her anyting else (I'm just starting chapter 3). Same deal with Neeshka. I've so far found 3 keen daggers and 2 keen rapiers for her to use, some with elemental damage as well.

Ass kickery to be had by all. :roll:

11. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

What I wish they had was two-weapong fighting, shield expert and shield bash feats so you can be a dual wielder with a spiked shield while still getting the shields AC bonus. Takes an extra feat or three from just plain two-wepaon fighting but it's worth it and a very cool way to fight!

Neeshka dual-weilding is very very good though. I very rarely see a rogue not use weapon finess and 2 weapons. 2 shots at sneak attack? why not?!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.