1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Druid spells

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Wingfoot, Aug 23, 2000.

1. Wingfoot Guest

i really hope that the Druid and Cleric spells will be done like in IWD. the Druid class was kinda useless in BG because Clerics had access to thier spells like Entangle, and Flame Blade if i remember correctly. Druids can be powerful, but i wonder if there will be specific quest so one can become a Grand Druid.

2. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] IIRC, their main quest will be to become Great Druid, not Grand Druid, since this would mean you have to face THE druid in the world.
    You'll "only" become the greatest Druid of Amn, I guess :)

3. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Also the XP cap of 2.8m keeps you from reaching 15th lvl to become the Grand Druid. I think it would he to hard to work all the Grand Druid powers into the game change form at will, exist on plane of earth, etc. Great Druid is the 'class' quest for Druid and defeating a 14th lvl Druid will be a cool battle. I hope they have more and better shapeshifting form than BG. But the spells will be split even more than IWD!

4. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] If you'll take the shapeshifter Kit,
    you'll be able to shapeshift into a wherewolf once per day/4 levels and at 13th level you will be able to become a greater wherewolf!
    The druids just can't get over 14th level because they would get extremely powerful abilities at 15th level and on.
    Not because of the XP-cap or something...

5. Voltric Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Yes, you are right BG2 won't let the Druid reach 15th level due to the powers they'd get but the XP cap is the 'game' reason. the 2.8m XP cap will not let you reach 15th. You need 3 million XP. According to 2nd Ed. rule it take the Druid 1.5 million XP to go from 14th to 15th. And the powers are the reason why. If they make an expansion and raise the XP cap maybe we will start to see grand Druids, but until then I hope you have your paper and pencil handy. :)

6. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] And it would take more then half of the gaminghours of BG2 to gain 1.5 million exp. for just one character, and even if it could, the next cap is what? 4.5 million to become 16th level?

7. Voltric Gems: 19/31

To reach 16th level a Druid needs only 500,000 XP. On reaching 15th level a Druid loses all their XP except 1 and starts earning it all over again. Another thing that would screw up a CRPG.

8. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] As you guys might know : there is only ONE Grand Druid across the realms. And wouldn't that be extreme coincidence that he just happens to reside in Amn ?
    When a druid becomes a Grand Druid he gains immense powers, and when he becomes a Hierophant he even acquires even more impressive powers (travel through the planes at will, for instance).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.