1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Drizzt makes it into comics!

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Aces, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

good grief. couldn't they have gotten a "darker" artist and a less anime one?? i may not buy comics anymore but afaik when I stopped collecting maybe 4-5 years ago there were a lot of artists that could draw like that.

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

... That's retarded ...

4. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I think I'd rather read Poison Elves. The only fantasy comic worth reading.

5. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

C'mon guys. Stop looking a gift horse in the mouth. Everyone has wanted to see what certain locations/people/weapons look(ed) like. Now you'll have a chance.

Good on him I say and bring on the movie if there's going to be one!

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I wanted to post about this but I see I'm too late, so just a few links I gathered:

http://www.gamingreport.com/article.php?sid=16587&mode=thread&order=0

(Rights to "Forgotten Realms®, Dragonlance®, Ravenloft(TM), Eberron(TM) and Spell Jammers [sic](TM)". Also "June release for the trade paperback of The Legend of Huma, a Dragonlance graphic novel based on Richard Knaak’s novel.")

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30686

“It's our goal to eventually tackle original Eberron stories, and later, original material with above mentioned D&D characters,” Blaylock said. “Eberron is all about traveling from continent to continent, whereas many of the other D&D worlds are about staying within one world. I like that about it, and I love the ‘Warforged’ characters, so I hope everything works out to have original material by 2006. We're working very carefully to make sure the original authors of this material like what we're doing, though. Even if they're not working directly on the material, we have a great respect for what they've established, so they, and even more so, Wizards of the Coast will have a say in what we move forward with. I'd love to tackle Ravenloft a couple years from now too. We shall see.”

http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/pulse.cgi?http%3A//www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi%3Fubb%3Dget_topic%26f%3D36%26t%3D003640

(lots of info)

Unfortunately, the only thing that'd really interest me, a Planescape comic, doesn't even seem to be an option. :(

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    You must be going blind...I could read most of it. The dialog looks like it's comming stright from the books. I might think about picking one up. :rolling:

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Hmm, I don't think I like the art. I mean - it's good and all, but it just doesn't strike me as dark enough ... or something.

10. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Compared with the art in the hedge knight this looks really childish. And the Underdark should be..... darker :rolleyes:

11. Taluntain

Media:
    Kitrax, I could read it if I really wanted to and made an effort, but I just don't think the text is worth it. :D

Apeman, well, you have to keep the intended audience in mind. It's aimed at US kids/young teens primarily, and I think they'd like it. Martin's fantasy is aimed more at adult readers.

12. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

While that is true, why wouldn't young readers prefer more detailed art. I find Homeland, Exile and Sojourn the best of Salvatore, and, unlike some opinions here, has depth in the story and character of Drizzt.

13. Taluntain

Media:
    No one said they wouldn't, but every artist has a unique style... they obviously decided that the one they shipped with worked best for some reason. *shrug*

14. Jazza Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

haha it looks cool the drawings, effort gone into the creation, imagination of the artist to protrait the hero drizit.

some books in the forgotten realms are bad and others are better, dont look the gift horse in the mouth.

other drawings are better then others.

These are great pictures made by a profesional get used to it.

people shouldnt be attacked on their opinions

thankyou

jazza

15. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Ifyou want to know what the text says, read the novel Homeland :D

But yes, the illustrations look good

16. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

It's actually really well done. They stuck right to the story and the art was based on the new covers by Todd Lockwood.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.