1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dreams crossing Reality

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Vandalore, Feb 7, 2001.

1. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Have you ever found yourself enthrawled in a dream so much that when you wake up, you actually believe it happened?

How much would you say a dream can effect your reality? Believing so much in it that to you it is real. For instance, thinking about someone so much that they enter your dreams. Induldged in your subconcious, you hit things off, then later you find yourself head over heels in love with the chick (or guy) in real life.

2. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] I only ever find that I WISH it would happen. Several times though, I've been convinced I've had a conversation with someone, yet they deny it ever took place. For me it's usually the other way around. Reality constantly intrudes on my dreamscape. :)

I've been using my own form of directed dreaming for years, so I generally choose the subject of my dreams just before falling asleep. Last night was rather stimulating. :D

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Bad, bad... :rolleyes:

I've never done that before...Although I've had dreams where I thought I had conversations with people, and completely thought it was real.

I've also had that deja vue kinda thing where I'm in a situation and I have a sense that know how it's going to turn out depending on my actions...Which is kinda weird.

But the only dream I've had that made me wake up with a start was in undergrad, where I dreamed that I missed 2 finals and they wouldn't let me graduate. I actually called the school to double check! Whew! That was really weird!

[This message has been edited by Sir Belisarius (edited February 07, 2001).]

4. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I had a cool dream a few weeks ago where I was a spy in Malta. Anyhow to make a long dream short, I woke up roughly around 4am to take a leak and I remember laying in bed when I woke up, thinking about Malta and my duties as a spy.

I woke up in another spies house as I was found out and he invited me there for a drink to offer his hospitality to me. We were sitting on the couch when I woke up to go to the washroom.

When I got back to my bed, I laid down and I kept thinking of the house I was in, the couch, the bartender and the other spy I was talking to. It's one of the better dreams I've had because when I went back to sleep, I resumed the dream where I was, walking to the couch to sit down as if I had actually went to the bathroom in my dream.

If it means anything, I slept for 14 hours that day.

I've had deja-vu dreams while I'm in my dream and I tell myself "I've had this dream before". Those are cool because I know what to expect when I'm dreaming and can change the results.

I've had a few reoccuring dreams of a dog lunging for my throat.

I've had a few dreams falling off a building. Whenever that happens, I tell myself within the dream to wake up and I do.

I've been shot in the head too and that was a very freaky dream. I remember the dream going black but I could still hear those people in my dream around me, asking themselves if I was dead or not. They say you die in real life if you die in your dream. Although I never found out what happened after I got shot, but I guess it wasn't a very good bullet because I lived.

Running dreams for me are good too. I take long strides and "glide" between each stride like flying.

As for fighting in dreams, I suck. Everytime I get into a fight in one of my dreams my punches are like I'm throwing them underwater. So slow.

Dreams are very cool, especially when you remember them. I was told never to look at a window when you wake up because the light steals your dreams.

The biggest dream that affected my daily life was of a friend I hadn't spoken or seen in 5 years. I had a very vivid dream of this person, all the good and bad memories that I had over the time I had known them (15+ years). I woke up and couldn't get that dream out of my mind because it felt so real. I wrote a letter that very morning and mailed it to the last known location I knew they were living.

I got a phone call 5 days later and resumed the friendship.

Syl...

5. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

I had a good chat with my roommate the other day at work about the whole thing. He believes that dreams are a reflection of what has happened or what will happen or was/is "supposed to happen".

Hey Sylvius, that reoccuring dream of a dog going straight for the juggler is really interesting. Do you believe in symbolism of dreams? Like a canine is supposed to mean companionship yet loneliness (maybe you feel no one understands you). My interpritation of the attack could mean the fear of being alone and having no one to turn to (that's why maybe you didn't start turning to run as it was attacking). I don't know how much symbolism that's actually true, but it's fun to look into.

[This message has been edited by Vandalore (edited February 07, 2001).]

6. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Oh I love picking apart my dreams. There was a really good book I saw at Coles here in downtown Toronto but it was like $120 but was packed with lots of cool information gathered from many sources. I didn't get it though.

My mother has some wicked dream sense in her, so does my grandmother. When my grandfather passed away, my mom had a dream that night of a man dressed all in black asking for her father at some party. Relations to this happening when you're dreaming is that of a grim reaper, someone has come to take someone you know away. That morning she recieved a call by my grandmother to tell her my grandfather had passed away.

My grandmother (the same one) had a dream about flying green fish. She won some money in the lotto 6-49 the next day. Not a lot, but enough to get all the windows in her house redone :D

I think dreams are cool to hear about and look into. Hopefully more people have a say in this discussion.

Syl...

7. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Oh, I have this really horrible dream where I am struggling to wake up. Then all of the sudden it is as if I am up and getting ready for work. But I am not really up, I am dreaming it and I realize it and I can feel myself fighting to wake up. It is really scarry. Sometimes I try to lift my head and it is really heavy.

When I finally do wake up, I don't feel like going back to sleep and most of the time I am breathing really heavy, like I had been trying to run or something.

But, most of the times my dreams are just really wierd. I don't think they make since at all. But if dreams truly resemble part of your life, then I would say since my life got really crazy, so have my dreams.

8. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

I wish I could just tell myself to wake up like Syl does. If I know that I'm dreaming I have to yell or scream within the dream to wake myself up. I can hear myself making this pathetic whimpering sound, while I'm screaming my lungs out inside. lol

What usually happens is that the noise goes from a whimper to a shout all at once, startling me awake. Unfortunately, it usually scares the shit out of anyone sharing the bed! :D

I've also been known to get physical in my sleep. (Not that way, silly! ;) ) I once dreamed I was pushing my sister away from me and woke up when both my fists met the kidneys of my boyfriend. I don't think he ever slept soundly after that!

9. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

I was very physical when I was younger. I punched my portable stereo blaster off the night table next to my bed. That killed, woke me up right away. I've also punched the wall and kicked it when I slept as well as talking and screaming in my sleep.

As I got older, my sleeps became more controlled and relaxed.

Never sleep walked though, that's something I'm glad I never did.

I also can't sleep in a bedroom with the door open. It must be closed. Locked even better. I don't like the idea of sleeping and someone being able to walk into the room and watch me or do something while I'm sleeping. I'm a very light sleeper when I know the door isn't locked from the inside and I'm very aware of where I am when I sleep. Small sounds usually wake me very quickly but behind a locked door in a bedroom...good luck. I sleep very soundly.

Syl...

10. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Paranoid much, Syl?

11. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I've had a re-occurring dream ever since I saw Day of the Dead (the zombies in the mall movie) when I was 12 or so.

Ever since then, I've had that dream/nightmare that they invaded the mall near my home...around my school, where I've worked, etc...It's always slightly unnerving because the dream always takes place somewhere I know, and often has people I know in it as well...Living and dead.

That about the only one I have that wakes me with a start!

12. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

Zombies...yuck...

Much prefer vampires movies.

13. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

Satiana: heh, don't feel bad. I used to kick in my sleep. I still sort of kick the covers off, but other than that I haven't had any complaints of kicking anyone that I've slept with since I was 15.

Darien: Yeah, I had a problem 'forcing' myself to wake up. It always seemed to be during series of bad dreams whenever I got ill.

Syl: This last weekend I was checkin out one of my friend's books of what dreams symbolize. I was looking for a few words of a scarring dream I had when I was 13 years old. It wouldn't still haunt me to this day if I never woke up from the dream rather I found myself witnessing the horror in the nightmare coming to reality when I awoke.

14. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] You know, all this talk about "meanings in dreams" really scares the living shit out of me. I find something eerie in the symbolism.

In the same vein, reading about schizophrenia and what mentally disturbed people experience scares me a lot more than typical horror films or books.

Anybody feel the same?

15. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Darien - I have the occasional vampire dream...But ever since reading Anne Rice books, they tend to take on a more sexual slant than scary...

Okay, you guys are learning waaay too much about me now. I think I'll shut up. :D

Overall, (as if I could keep quiet for 2 seconds!) dreams are fun, they act out fears, desires, fantasies...Because if all that stuff was pent up - everyone would go crazy!

Does everyone here dream in color? I do. In a color tv age, I would think everyone does...Although I have a friend that only dreams in black and white...I asked him if they were silent films too, but he got mad and walked away! :)

[This message has been edited by Sir Belisarius (edited February 08, 2001).]

16. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Sir Bel- Funny thing is, I've got the same tendencey! I've always thought that vampires are very sensual creatures. Anne Rice simply pesonified my inclinations. So,tell me, do we share the same attraction to Louis (Brad Pitt) as well? :D

(You may refuse to answer on the grounds that we are learning waaay too much about you now.)

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited February 08, 2001).]

17. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Schizophrenia amazes me. I highly enjoy reading about schizophrenia cases or books based on it. The human mind is a wonderful thing to uncover.

Syl...

18. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Darien - Eeeewww! NOOOOOOOO!!!! Even in death (undeath) I still prefer the ladies! :D
    :p :D :p

I would kick and struggle if a guy vamp was after me...If it was a lass, hopefully it would be more fun!

19. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Just checking! :D :p

20. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] :eek:You gave me the willies! Not that I'm homophobic, mind you...Just not my cup o' tea :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.