1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Drawings of Drizzt Do'Urden

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Muumli the Wayfarer, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Muumli the Wayfarer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Almost every picture I have ever seen of the fabled drow has cast him in a most unflattering, and inaccurate, light. He often looks old, sporting the wrong equipment, but the thing the gets me is how often he has that STUPID GOLD TRIANGLE on his forehead. I mean WHAT IS THAT?
    Any thoughts?

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

he is in the "golden triangle" sect... they are planning to take over Fareûn with a group of drow calling themself "renegades" to lure the enemies that they are good and then WHACK... a good surfacer is a dead surfacer... the leaders is he and Viconia... :p

shouldnt this be in the D&D forum...

3. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    If you dont like the drawings, go draw drizzie yourself and see how difficult it is

4. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

The new ones by Todd Lockwood are rather rougish, as seen in the Campaign Setting, and on the covers of Sea of Swords and The Thousand Orcs.

Oh, btw, my friend's mother saw the cover of Sea of Swords and said "ooh, he looks like a nasty piece of work, I hope he gets killed quickly." :lol: Look's like Salvatore's proved his point...

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Anyone know where there are good pictures of Drow? I need them for a Mod :p

6. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The thing that always bothered me about the book cover depictions of Drizzt is the colour of his skin. The books always talk about his ebony skin but he always seems to have greyish skin. Ditto for the old bit. Then again, what difference does it really make? I buy the book for what's inside.

7. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

It just seems odd to have such a popular figure (fiction or not) always made to look so ill. I worry that the guy has a degenerative disease or something. Especially because I always want to picture him as such a dashing figure, and he always reminds me of an ashy Raistlain. Not a fighter at all.

8. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

It's Raistlin. And I agree with the topic starter. Especially the drawings on the Dark Elf Trilogy (paperback) suck really bad. I don't have the book with me so I can't tell which of them it was. But in one of them he looks like a 50-60 years old human, in terms of age I mean. And Drizzt's supposed to be quite young at that point.

I just might. You obviously fail to see the point here. Problem is not that they can't draw pictures. The problem is that they obviously don't know what they're drawing the pictures of. Anyone who's read a few of the books can tell pretty accurately what Drizzt looks like. What with his smooth ebony skin, white mane, rangerclothes, scimitars and all. Sure, the more precise views of how *exactly* does Drizzt look like may differ, but the base-appearance is recognizable for anyone. And in this, some of the artists fail completely.

9. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Raistlin! I knew that! It hasn't been a long time since I've read Dragonlance, I swear. Okay, yeah I feel like an idiot.

10. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Haha! I actually thought you misspelled it on accident. Well, no harm done. :cool:

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Yes, this is better suited for the D&D forum. Moving.

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I know what you people mean. The books describe his as young and good looking with no funny gold plates on his head.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.