1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragon's Eye, in need of help

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by DragonSlayer21, Apr 28, 2001.

1. [​IMG] I am at the place in Dragons Eye where you come to the talonites that offer you rest and healing but really work with the Yuan-ti and that bunch.
    I just can't find the right tactic.
    Should I forexample free the prisoners...
    Any suggestiones more than welcome!!

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I usually uncover them by talking to the guy who first greets you down there. So, I kill him and that wizard that sells scrolls first and then take the others as they come boiling out of the double doorway. Once I clear the first wave, I immediately go searching for that damn High Summoner. This was much more difficult the first time when I didn't know where he was! ;) After that I could take my time and kill at my liesure. I never had the imprisoned heroes help out in the killing, but I've heard that they do a pretty good job.

3. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

They also have some very nice items on them - not that I'd ever resort to such a tactic as trying to kill them. :rolleyes: It was my evil thief in my party; he just had to fail his pickpocket. :( ;)

Also if you have a Paladin in your party (like me)- you don't get a choice of tactics here. He just tells them that he knows they're evil and everyone starts attacking (and summoning), so I didn't get a chance to explore first. Did I miss out on any good items you could buy there?

4. Thanks to the both of you.
    I made it at last...
    Started out like you said Blackthorne and then I closed the door and took care of the guys in the library so I would have my back clear. Opened the door and took out the High Summoner.

Easy when you know how to :D
    Again thanks!

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Bowie - You just have to make sure it's not your Paladin that does the talking! So when you first enter, make sure it's someone else who approaches, since he initiates dialog the first time you see him.

Oh, and the wizard in the library sells some scrolls (you know how rare they are in IWD) including Ice Storm I think. Also, you can rest and recover down there before you uncover them. Other than that I don't remember anything of significance that you can purchase. I think you can buy stuff from one other person down there, but I don't recall what it was...

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited April 29, 2001).]

6. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I seem to remember just speeding up my toughest fighter, cast invisibility on her, and then picked the lock to door into the main part of the level. (Sets 'em all off).

Everyone else shut up shop in the nearest little room and waited till the High Summoner had bought it.

Tell you what though, great fun when my fighter got back. Outside this room there was quite a little army waitng! Great battle that! :D Fond memories.

7. Hawkwinter Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

If you have a rogue in your party you can trick Geelo into leaving the library by telling him that Albion wants to see him. once he leaves pick the lock to the "secret library" and check out the books in there ("How to Serve Man," that old D&D joke still cracks me up) then confront Albion about it. You'll get an XP bonus.

8. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

If you go down to the SE area where the carpet is and walk on it a words pop up saying the carpet looks odd. Then go back and talk to Albion and you should get the dialog option of asking him what he really is.This gets you a big chunk of exp.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.