1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

dragonlance

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Punkindrublic, Mar 20, 2001.

1. Punkindrublic Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

we need a new dragonlance game using the infinitiy engine cause the ones they made so far are soo good

2. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

What makes you think a new game'll be good ?

Remember that the old ones were made by SSI, and any new D&D-game'll be created by Infogrames, who've proven absolutely nothing so far. :mad: Bloody Hasbro!! :mad:

3. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

thats the dumbest answer I've ever seen, thats like saying "the world "could" blow up tomarrow". On the other side of the track, whos the say the new games will not be better than any games made so far?

4. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31

Uh ?

Punkindrublic says he wants cerain new games because the old ones were good. I just remind him that this doesn't mean a thing. What's your problem ?

5. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Heh... :D

/me waits to see a brawl...

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Play nice you two...

Besides it's more like the stock market:
    "Past performance does not indicate future returns." ;)

7. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] That was my point, yes, thank you BTA.

8. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Even though I don't want to be lumped with the non-logic group. I do think that saying some companies have a better track record than other. It's is true anyone can make a great game, but it helps when you are willing to put time, tallent, and money into it. But then again I never was a big Dragonlance fans.

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] That's really the whole point Voltric. Even though stocks and mutual funds all state the party line "Past performance doesn't indicate future returns", you can gauge a company's future prospects by looking at past performance; it's simply not a guarantee.

10. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Nah, perhaps look at the way work is done. If the sole purpose of making games is to make money for shareholders, the game is going the way of Hollywood and MTV. Watered down, dumbed up(!), and PG 13.

11. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I could see a third person Dragonlance game. Almost like Crusaders of Might and Magic. But, honestly, I think that the looking-down-on-a-party-of-adventurers view is gonna get kind of old after all the BG games. I think that that's why Neverwinter Nights is gonna be in a different view format.

And it's true, the future cannot be judged by the past. At least in most cases. The original Tomb Raider game sucked. So did the second. And the third. Yep, the fourth too. Oh yeah! And the gold editions sucked. The movie looks like it's gonna suck too. ;) Whoo, glad I got that out of my system. But on the other hand...okay, I can't think of any game where the first was terrible but the second rocked.

12. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] OH MY GOD! Sapiryl no WAY!! Tomb Raider was Fantastic! At least the first 2 anyway. The third was bad, I agree, which is why I never bought the fourth. Heh. But Still! Great games. (Although I did play them on PS, not pc.)

13. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Err, I found that Tomb Raider has really meaningless puzzles, and that the main attraction for most players is watching Lara Croft's body while she executes her movements.

Doesn't capture that "Indiana Jones" feel for me.

American McGee's Alice looks to be far better game, but I can tell that it won't be as popular as Tomb Raider is.

That almost makes me want to spite humanity.... :p

:D

14. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Sapiryl, NWN will have pretty much the same view format; from the FAQ:

1.02 - Is the game in 2D or 3D? What is the game's viewing perspective?

Neverwinter Nights is a 3D game that takes advantage of the latest in graphics and rendering technology. The game is presented to the player from a 3rd person, ¾-down, isometric view, similar to that used in the Baldur's Gate series. Now, however, you have the added ability to rotate the camera around your character and zoom in and out. Current testing suggests that you will be able to zoom out until your character is 1/15th as tall as the screen, and zoom in until your character is 1/3rd as tall as the screen.

15. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Aye, BTA, but what I was referring to WAS the camera abilities. I apologize, I was a bit nebulous. But also, BG seemed to have a flat background on which were 3d objects (ie. rocks, trees, ruins, etc.). NWN seems to be more of a Myth view, where the map was 3d, as were the objects on it. Granted, villages and towns in BG looked pretty 3d, but out in the wilderness, it kinda looked like a cardboard cutout. Don't get me wrong! I love the graphics, but NWN seems to have that virtual feel.

Not only that, but as you say, NWN is classified as a 3d game. BG was classified as a 2d game.

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    BG was entirely 2d. If it seemed 3d, it was just your imagination. It's all painted down and marked where you can walk and where you can't.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.