1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragon Age Forum News

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Jun 3, 2004.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by chevalier)

Here are today's BioWare forum highlights, collected by NWVault. Please take into account that these are only single parts of various threads and should not be taken out of context. Bear in mind also that the posts presented here are copied as-is, and that any bad spelling and grammar does not get corrected on our end.

David Gaider, Designer

Egos and Icons

---------------
    Gaider, you are getting to a level of Salvatore egotism. It doesn't look good on you.
    ---------------

Egotism? If you say so.

---------------
    Also I like to know where was the Gaider magic in the NWN OC? It seemed MIA.
    ---------------

Besides the fact that there is no "Gaider magic", I only wrote a small part of the NWN OC. And I am still happy with that part that I wrote, regardless of what you think about the game as a whole.

Darcy Pajak, Assistant Producer

Are the going to be hoses in the game ????
    There will be no hoses in the game.

Derek French, Technical Producer

Are the going to be hoses in the game ????

---------------
    There will be no hoses in the game.
    ---------------

Gah! Features getting cut already!

More:
    ---------------
    I think he meant to type Hosers, and Bioware being a Canadian company, of course there will be hosers eh?
    ---------------

I am submitting this as a Feature Request right now...

More: I was still reeling from the thoughts of properly implimenting hoses and their exact affect on game play before I realized what the question was meant to be..

Georg Zoeller, Designer

Action Component

---------------
    eg- If Bioware manages to meld something like an FPS with an RPG where your fighting skill depends not just on your equipment/level/class or whatever but on YOUR abilities as a PLAYER then that will be fantastic.
    ---------------

If you mean if there will be action game components in DA - I highly doubt it. You might want to check out Jade Empire (http://jade.bioware.com) if you are looking for some button mashing role playing action however.

Rule Complainers

---------------
    No, instead we'll all just convert overnight into, "Bioware, you said in the manual that skill X works this way, but it doesn't when you're talking to the Blue Foozle, and, logically, it should do ... etc."They're really just exchanging one group of rules lawyers (who at least have a book reference to back them up) for another group.
    ---------------

Remind us to make the manual as obscure as possible when we are closer to releae to prevent that Actually, I somewhat like the way City of Heroes presents their "numbers". Because they know these numbers change all the time, they only give classes like "damage: moderate or damage:high". I'm not saying this would be the way to go for DA as some people love number crunching, but it's certainly tempting to give rules laywers a hard time...

Peter Thomas, Designer

God and D20

does god actually play dice with the universe? and if he does, does he use a d20? or just a random number generator?

---------------
    d20? d20 system perhaps? i wonder if he has a licence to use it... that could be quite a lawsuit if wotc objects...
    ---------------

Hey, DA Devs ... what have you been reading?
    Personally, I don't pay as much attention to writing style and such as I should, I'm more interested in cool ideas. I've read crappy books that have had great ideas, as well as well-written books that are extremely generic.

Some of the best fantasy I've read is The Black Company by Glen Cook (a dark fantasy), and the A Man of His Word series by Dave Duncan (a very good take on magic and gods). Of course, I'm on Jade right now and not DA, so I guess it doesn't matter much.

NPCs in your Party?
    Could have sworn it was in the exp... doesn't matter anyway, haven't played it in so long... and I wasn't on the design team for that, so I have no privileged info.

Nowadays people just play stuff like *PLUG* Neverwinter Nights (tm). */PLUG* er... heh

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.