1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Donate for the Boards

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, May 11, 2008.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Yup, I need your support again, folks. Our message board software provider has recently announced a significant increase in all prices starting next month. Not all is lost, however, since we still have the option to renew our licence at the old price, but it has to be done this month. Unfortunately the number of donations to SP has dropped to an all-time low in the last year, so there's not enough in the piggy bank to pay even for this month's hosting, let alone to allow for any unforeseen expenses such as this one.

What I'd like to do at this point is to take advantage of the old prices while they last and buy a licence for a blogging add-on for the boards ($50) as well as 5 years worth of board & blog updates ($150). Altogether this means that we need to raise at least $200 for the boards and hopefully some more to pay for the site's running costs too.

You can help us reach this goal by donating for an SPS account (new or renewed). PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO PUT DOWN YOUR BoM USERNAME IN THE DONATION NOTES! I especially welcome donations from those of you who have never supported SP with a donation yet - now is a great time to show your support for the community!

Any amount that you can part with to help will be greatly appreciated, so thank you in advance! If you would like to donate less than the minimum SPS account subscription (<$15), you can of course do so as well. Please check this link for more details.

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Thanks to 8people for the first donation!

3. Taluntain

Media:
    Thanks to a donation from T2Bruno and a very generous donation from Arahar, we have already reached and surpassed the primary goal of raising $200 in record time! :thumb:

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Wow, I have to respect that kind of generosity. Nice one guys.

I have a 'Support Barmy Army Fund' I need coinage for :). A few times more than what Tal asked for will be plenty. All proceeds will go towards the nearest piece of porcelain.

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    OK, I'll get an SPS account - but I can't find where I should put my BoM Username. I don't see a section that says "Donation Notes" when I use the PayPal service. It wants my name, address, and credit card info - that's it.

6. Taluntain

Media:
    I'll have to look into that... it's supposed to be on the same page as the rest of the details it asks for. Thanks for letting me know it's not there. It doesn't really matter as I contact everyone via e-mail, it's just so I can know in advance who it is that has donated. So don't worry about using it as it is now and I'll look into adding the notes ASAP.

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Tal, I had the same issue Aldeth is having. It was a donation in the blind -- fortunately it worked out okay.

8. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Yes, I had the same issue when I tried as well....But I was able to make a purchase through an affiliate to help out. I always have too many issues with PayPal. But I'll try again.

9. Taluntain

Media:
    Thanks for helping out. As I said, the donation notes are optional, ultimately it makes no difference if they show up or not, it's just a matter of convenience. The e-mail of the donor always shows up along with the donation and that's what I use to contact everyone anyway.

10. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Ok, that's good to know...

11. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Thanks to Aldeth, Kitrax and Takara for their donation as well! Somehow I didn't get a notice about Takara's donation so it's a good thing he told me about it. If anyone hasn't been contacted about their donation by me yet, please let me know immediately.

12. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] As a follow-up to this issue, it turns out that all the buttons DO have the option to leave donation notes; it's just very easy to miss.

The option to add a note with your donation shows on the "review your donation" page, just before you finalize the donation. It looks like this: [+] Donation Notes

When you click on the [+] button or the "Donation Notes" text link, it expands and allows you to type a message to send with your donation.

As this is all very small and easy to miss, I'm going to put up a screenshot of it to accompany all our donation buttons so that everyone will know how to leave notes along with their donation. Thanks to everyone who's brought this to my attention.

13. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    i've read that the donation of $15 is the general donation fee for an SPS. how long is that good for? i thought i read it somewhere but can't seem to find it again. sorry :(

14. Taluntain

Media:
  15. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Six months looks like the best value for the dollar. :thumb:
    You get three months more for $5 ($1.67/month) but for the year price you get nine months for $20 ($2.22/month).

This is of course if you only plan to make a one time donation.

July 1 is a great time for a six month membership too since it will take you to the end of 2008.
    :cool:

I'm in! :tie:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.