1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do you watch what you eat?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Barmy Army, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Do you consider the contents of your food before you eat it?
    Do you feel hungry, so go to the shop, look at the pasty section and think "Mmm... a peppered steak slice would go down a treat! But I've already had a Mars bar today, I'd better go the the salad"

Do you ever stop at Maccy D's for a Big Mac and think "God.. there's probably all sorts of crap in this" or do you just eat, and savour the flavour?

Have you ever refused to eat something purely because of where it came from? "Black pudding? Ewwwww...!!" (black pudding is one of my faves)

Personally, if I put something in my mouth and it tastes good, I'll eat it. I don't care where it came from, or what's in it. The only time I'll not have something is if I just don't fancy it at the time.

I also don't care what I eat, that day or week. If I had a pizza and a chip supper yesterday, that'll not stop me having a Zinger Tower Burger and a KFC today. Luckily, one of my favourite meals IS salad, so I'm not yet a heffer :).

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Only if I have to catch it, Barmy. :)
    Seriously, yes, I have to be careful what is in food. I am diabetic so sugar is a no-no. I prefer more 'natural' foods without a lot of chemicals.

As far as where something came from I don't think so. I strongly prefer not to eat cauliflower but that is mainly because I consider it a tasteless, uninteresting and unattractive item.

3. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I always eat whatever I can get my hands on, and plenty of it if possible.
    @Nakia - Cauli Flower RoXoRs my Boxors!! - try melting cheese on it or making it into a bake. Broccoli is still king though ;)

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I eat anything and everything I see. :yum:

The only things I look out for are MSG and that artificial sweetener that apperently turns in to a toxin once it's in your gut. Other than that, everything is game. :rolling:

5. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    To an extent- I do make an attempt to eat relatively healthily, although I wouldn't go as far as to eat salads for lunch (Rabbit food!). I'm also vegetarian, so quite a few meals are unsuitable when I'm eating out.

Other than that, not really. I've never had a weight problem (naturally slim no matter what I eat), so it isn't really a big concern.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

No, I've never ever considered whether or not what I'm eating is good for me or not. I'm guided purely by what I feel like having at the time.

I have a feeling this is going to come back to haunt me in a few years though..

I have a similar metabolism to Decados I guess. I'm 23 years old and am around 5'5" but I've never weighed more than 120. I think my max weight was 118 lbs.

7. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I watch is it healthy. And anything really greasy or salty tastes horrible anyways.

If it's made from cowblood or not, I don't really care. Monkey brains, this way!

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm pretty bad for watching what I eat, I can go days without eating or eat near constantly. I generally eat pretty healthily, I'm not a fussy eater but I have been raised by a vegetarian and some things from an animal I just won't eat :xx:

I generally have to be careful because where I've been on strong medication for years I've taken damage to my stomach and often end up rather dead after eating :p annoys the hell out of parents because it's my job to wash up:rolleyes:

Saying that there are some things that I will eat whenever I can. Something which greatly amuses friends and my D&D group have made it a hobby to see what I'll do to get them :xx:

9. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I watch what I eat, yes. That doesn't mean I won't eat an entire pizza for a meal *cough*lastnight*cough* but I do try and eat healthy foods, or just healthier than most people.

10. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    I try to balance out the nutrition in what I eat (and feed the family), if not in every meal, then over the course of the day or even a few days.

For example, if I'm planning to make a pot of pasta for dinner, I'll try to have something with fewer carbs and more protein for lunch. If we've had a lot of meat, I'll make sure there's a dinner of fish thrown into the mix. That kind of thing.

11. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

I guess I'm the balance out over time sort, though I do try to watch the sodium content of what I eat, and to some extent the fat and empty carbs. But I can't say I'm as careful as I ought to be, given my age and general health.

I love pizza but due to no gall bladder there are severe digestive penalties now for eating much of it. So enjoy it if you can but remember the bill does come due some day!

12. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    I think about watching what I eat, but turns out that I seldom act on my thoughts. I eat fairly healthy when I'm at home but the problem is that I eat out too much. I don't take the time to prepare a lunch for the next day so I end up eating fast food most days. I also have an affinity for red meat and cheese, which is not good considering my family history and my own cholesterol level.

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I watch it go from the plate/box/wrapper into my mouth.

I always think, "Does a spoon count as a bludgeoning weapon?"

Food names do throw me off and I won't eat foods that I don't know what the ingredients are. I don't fall for the "just try it" refrain.

14. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

:lol:

15. Barmy Army

Media:
    I'll try anything once. Don't care what it is, really. As I say, I love black pudding, which to those that don't know, is essentially congealed pigs blood and fat with seasoning. Sounds horrible, but is dead nice.

Tell you what though, I reckon Rally could rustle up some yummage fodder!

16. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Apparently I DO need glasses :eek: Looking at this thread I read: "Do you wash your cat?" and was already gathering steam to post: 'Hahah! What a silly thread! No, certainly not! I like my skin!' to then delightfully go on to cruelly ridicule Barmy, as I enjoy doing, but there you have it. No fun for me. :grr:

:nono: Barmy, you ought to make less disappointing threads :nono:

That said, I like to cook. A lot. You are what you eat. I believe it more and more when I look into the shopping carts of those overweight people I meet in the supermarket - soft drinks, d/f ready made meals, lots of chicken, pizza, crisps/chips, sweets - the full load of stereotype. That scares the hell out of me.

I usually try to live up to that. That's why I use little meat. When I go for real meat meals I go to the butcher. I don't buy meat in supermarkets. And I'm a critical buyer especially with fish and meat and vegetables. I am conservative in the sense that I buy old fashioned basic stuff and avoid ready made stuff. I use canned food though (like corn, sauerkraut, beans, tomatoes and the like) So I guess I'm a little inconsistent. Mental note: Eat more salad and fruits.
    Of course when in Britain I stop asking for the duration of my stay, as it would only scare me anyway if the taste is any indication. To prevent getting the wrong impression, I like it there, but I can easily comprehend your 'don't ask, don't tell' attitude Barmy :D One doesn't speak with a full mouth anyway. I do like fish & chips (with brown sauce), which ought to be pretty unhealthy.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  17. Barmy Army

Media:
    Fat slugs - magic. Ragusa, I actually think I love you.

What you said aabout meat though.. hell yeah, meat must come from a butcher. Luckily I have several extremely good butchers near who do prime cuts at cheap prices. The butchers of northern England are some of the best around I reckon.

I love chicken though, eat bloody loads of the stuff. In fact, meat in general is just the Don. I can't understand how people can be vegetarian. Don't you know what you're missing?! My dilemma would be if human tasted nice....

18. Ragusa

Media:
    Barmy,
    cough, look what I've done. Fat slugs? Where? Ain't me nice? And that happened even before I read your reply :)

19. Barmy Army

Media:
    That's it, I don't love you anymore. Never trust the Germans.

20. Ragusa

Media:
    Barmy,
    you got me thinking ... northern English butchers, when heaping well deserved scorn on the British cuisine in general, I forgot about that one laudable instance, back then, in ancient times, well before the BSE rage:

:yum: :bigeyes: Angus. Beef. Steak. *drool* one pound, done english, with baked potato, cream and salad :bigeyes: :yum:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.