1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dimebag Darrell is dead

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Sarevok•, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

You know the Pantera guitarist was shot dead on stage in Ohio last night by some lunatic. I think another band member was also killed and some of the audience were also killed and injured. Very sad news

2. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Yep. Heard it just now. The madman got shot as well - by the police. Crazy people!

3. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

You can't be serious?! That's pretty tragic. Dimebag was one of my guitar heroes.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I've never heard of him, but it's a pretty bad thing to happen nonetheless. Will this premature death now make him as big as other early demise musos like Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix etc?

5. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

6. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Oh my god, what is this world coming to? What will happen next they shoot Kerry King? Sick sad world this is!

7. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

The Pantera site says that one of the other band members have died, I don't know if this is 100% true though. I don't think anyone knows much at thr moment. I think a witness said he saw something like 16 shots fired.

8. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Apparently Vinnie Paul (the drummer) was the other.

9. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Bloody hell, that's a shame. Pantera were great. Dimebag knocked out some premium riffage and playing Pantera really helped my guitar playing back in my strictly metal days. The guy will be missed.

10. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Edit: Hmm, misread your post.

Anyway, yeah, this sucks. Haven't heard who the fourth victim is though yet, have we? They say five, but only have released names of two audience members, the gunman, and the guitarist ... Still, if it was another band member it would surely be known by now...

[ December 10, 2004, 14:00: Message edited by: Aikanaro ]

12. Laertis Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

That's really crazy. How the hell that lunatic entered the concert hall (or whatever that was) with a fire gun. Great security...
    It's a great loss to the music world...Dimebag was an awesome guitar-player.

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

13. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Because, it's USA. It's as easy to get a gun as to get it into a consert.

14. Laertis Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Thouché, Caleb. USA - the land of opportunity. :(

15. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well, I heard initially that it was the (unnamed at that point) lead singer/guitarist of the band plus 3 members of the crowd, then heard that it was the guitarist, two members of the crowd and a security guard. Short of feeling the usual twinge of disgust at the taking of human life in such a fashion I never really knew that much about any of the band and so don't really care to that point but I guess this does show the stupid sh!t some people will do. :nuts:

16. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

The guy was apparently quite a bit off mentally. He couldn't handle the fact Pantera broke up.

17. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

The guy was a marine with an automatic weapon (hard to sneak one of those down your trousers).

I also read that the marines mother is under police protection from pantera/damage plan fans.

I wonder why they want to hurt her?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.