1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

De'Arnise Hold umber hulks

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by elvenmage, Jan 30, 2005.

1. elvenmage Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

In De'Arnise Hold I got the dog stew. How do I make the umber hulks eat it? I read a walkthrough that says that I need to put it in it's place but I can't find that.

2. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Did you try sneaking past the umber hulks through the SW door and try searching there?

3. elvenmage Gems: 3/31

What am I searching for?

4. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    What you do is go through the south door and sneak past the umberhulks. In the very bottom cell there is a dirt pile which highlights and acts like a chest would. When you click on it to 'search' it, put the dog stew in it. Then run away as fast as possible. The umberhulks will be all over it like a cheap suit.

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    And, it might be worth suggesting... put stealth back on after you placed the dog stew down. They all congregate around that door, and one well placed Cloudkill will kill them all straight away.

6. LeFleur Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

You can easily recognize the ´container´ because there are some dog bones already in it :)

7. Capt Massacre Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Also, don't come back the same way, take the other door, so you avoid the beasts.
    This is a good opportunity to use 'Sanctuary'.
    As I'm usually low level, I don't kill them, I just shut the door after they left the room.

8. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I always place the stew to get the XP then circle around the other way. Then I open the first door and lure them up one at a time and hit them hard with arrows.

Paladins and dwarves have the best saving throws against their darn confusion spell.

edit:
    Setting traps may work wonders in this narrow hallway too. ;)

9. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

IIRC Lilacor grants immunity to their confusion.
    Minsc buffed a bit with Lilacor in his hands absolutely devastates them.
    You can also always use the wand of cloudkill you got from Jon's dungeon on them, once they are busy with their dog stew.

10. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    If you have someone who can cast level 5 priest spells, Chaotic Commands is a wonderful spell to use when fighting Umber Hulks and just about any enemy with mind-affecting spells or special abilities.

I usually play this part the way Aces does, to get max XP out of the area :)

11. elvenmage Gems: 3/31

I discovered it on my own after my last post, but thanks for the replies.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.