1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dealing with death

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Nobleman, May 19, 2001.

1. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] I have had a great lift in my gameplay and feeling of adventure when I stopped reloading every time one of my characters died.
    I haven't encountered any imprisonment-casters yet. But I would like to come prepared so does anyone know where to buy freedom scrolls? I know that there is some in the underdark, but my team isn't quite ready for that yet, when I can't reload.
    This leads me to another thing that I am uncertain of.
    SPOILER CONCERNING QUESTS
    I have cleared out the circus tent. And gotten rid of the slaves. both places. I have then picked up Valygar and returned him to cowled wizards (I am playing with 6 wizards "the Uncowled Wuzzards"... Cowled wizard wannabees)

But now I am uncertain where to go next since I haven't played a mage-only-team before. I guess some of you have tried this before, so any suggestions from the panel? ;)
    I have unsuccesfully tried to find a link that enlightens this.

2. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Take the Beholder Cult quest, but don't do it since it's (probably) too tough for you right now. After you have recieved the quest talk to the guy near the exit of the helm temple and do the Sir Sareals quest (it doesn't require a big amount of fighting, so you should be able to do it early in the game), after you have finished it take the Lathander Ring quest. It's also quite easy.
    About the Inprisonment, you won't need any scrolls just yet since i don't think there are any mages that can cast inprisonment (apart from Kangaxx and the guy in the twisted rune, but you should do these after the underdark).

Hope I helped,
    Vicsun

3. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Thanx a billion. I haven't visited that place in hmmm ages.... I wonder why? spledid Idea since I haven't tried those quests before.
    I have found out that its great to roam the city before going on any of the big quests.
    Perhaps I am a wimp. :D
    As my maincharacters voice keep saying: "sometimes people forget how easy it is to die."

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited May 19, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.