1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

DC Fallen Ranger/Mage - what can I make with that?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by WinterBlaze, Jun 1, 2002.

1. WinterBlaze Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] A ranger class can only dual to a priest (human) but if he becomes fallen he can dual to a mage and a theif so if i dual to a mage while am fallen and I do the ranger quest which gives takes away my fallen stats. So will I change into a ranger/mage???

2. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] How do you intend to get the ranger quest if you are fallen? IIRC it doesn't start if your fallen, but i think i only tried it once and that was a long time a go so don't rely on what i say.
    P.S Why have you started the same topic twice?

3. WinterBlaze Gems: 2/31

because when i sent one post i got disconected and i thought that it did not get though. and by the way yes you can do the quest even if u are fallen but it makes u unfallen when u beat i read in a walkthough somewhere but neva tryed it meself.

4. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Just a Q:

Why in Faerun would you want to become a Ranger/Mage?

5. WinterBlaze Gems: 2/31

did i say i wanted to become one.......no i didnt I said will this work! and am asking you. please read more clearly from now on.

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The game will crash on that I bet. However you got me interested. If you have already managed to make Fallen Ranger/Mage DC, please zip your saved game, mail it to me and I'll check that possibility instantly (without doing the ranger quests). I assure you nnone tried that thing yet!

And don't listen to Modjahed. He likes druid spells from Ranger/Cleric, but forgets that mage has also some aces in the sleeves, and will not be restricted in weapons as cleric DC. Right Modjahed? ;) :p

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited June 01, 2002).]

7. Modjahed Gems: 14/31

And Hello to you too, Extremist!

Long time no see :wave:

Yeah, I remember our dispute of what's best - Ranger/Cleric or F/M/T. However, a lot of time have passed since then, and now I have learned a way with a mage too..

I don't like the idea of doing whatsoever through the fallen ranger, because I already tried that and failed miserably. I used to have a R/C, and took one evil path with a Tear of Bhaal.

I used to be a CG Cleric/Ranger, and after that became a Fighter/Fallen Ranger multi (at least THAT was displayed at my character sheet). The game seemed to screw up the Fallen+MultiClass thing.

So I suppose that after falling your char will not become a Fighter, but rather a fallen ranger ans still will not be able to dualclass.

[This message has been edited by Modjahed (edited June 01, 2002).]

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Actually I remembered that thing and I've noted the IWD2 QA to watch it out (it's the bug with script command), however in IWD2 you can't become "fallen". :(

Dunno, perhaps Bioware should be also notified of that. There is a small chance it would be fixed, but...

And your experience with that was the reason I asked him for a fallen ranger saved game.

9. WinterBlaze Gems: 2/31

Extremist what I meant was to become fallen cus you cant dual to mage with a ranger. Then do the ranger quest and get ur ranger hood back then ur a ranger/mage not a fallen ranger/mage so you still get druid spells and ranger things.So i wonder if it will work its the only way i think to get druid and mage spells.;)
    and the suggestion you made. I dont know if you can do it with minsc

[This message has been edited by WinterBlaze (edited June 01, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by WinterBlaze (edited June 01, 2002).]

10. Modjahed Gems: 14/31

-> Extremist:

Just confirmed my previous post in-game:

I started a multiplayer game with a swashbuckler, sneaked out of Irenicus dungeon, modified the permissions and changed my protagonist to a ranger - all stats 17, CHA - 3. So technically were this char a fighter he would be able to dual-class to Cleric or Mage or Thief.

Being a Ranger I, naturally, had only one dual-class option - Cleric.

Then I killed a few peasants, and got Fallen. Effectivley, my char then became Fallen Ranger, not fighter, and I still had the only dual-class choice - Cleric.

-> So, WinterBlaze, you can't make a Fallen Ranger/Mage DC, and no in consequence no Ranger/Mage after completing the last part of the Ranger Stronghold.

Case closed (;) Extremist)

11. WinterBlaze Gems: 2/31

Have you got any mod installed or TOB or just SOA and you did change your char so it would be best if you tryed a clean game. extremist I would try this one yourself and see what heppens and no I dont have a save yet. I have tryed this in bladur's gate one abnd it worked so there :p

[This message has been edited by WinterBlaze (edited June 02, 2002).]

12. Modjahed Gems: 14/31

Nope, no ToB, no Mod, in fact it was a clean re-install of pure SoA I just did one hour before posting.

I didn't edit my char with anything, and I can e-mail you (or Extremist) the savegame.

In fact you can do what I did - I described it in my previous post - it will take you 10 minutes through Ir. Dung., 10 minutes to watch the movies and 10 minutes to roll the 88 total for your ranger's stats.

13. WinterBlaze Gems: 2/31

No you need 18int or wis i forgot but you need 18 of one of those stats and you need to be cathoic good, well it was in bg1

14. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

No. You don't need 18 in any stat to dual from or to any class.

[Edit]

Me? I'm inclined heavily to believe Modjahed.

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited June 02, 2002).]

15. Modjahed Gems: 14/31

16. WinterBlaze Gems: 2/31

Well i see i might of been wrong but i want someone elses opinion:flaming: and btw i was asking if it would work!! plus it worked for me in bg1 but its differnt rules is it not?

17. Azeroth Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] i tried this new combo thing and it didnt work. i had just escaped for irenecus so i killed 2 peasants and my ramger became fallen but when i tried to dual class i could only get cleric.
    could any of u guys who this has worked for could send me a savegame or character i would be very grateful. (my email is high_tyrant@hotmil)

[This message has been edited by Azeroth (edited June 04, 2002).]

18. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

It works in BG1, but not in BG2. This is my conclusion anyways.

19. WinterBlaze Gems: 2/31

Well what if you do it in number 1 and do the quest then? it should work.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.