1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Darkest Day

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Shi, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Shi Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I don't know if this is the right place to post this....but has anyone here tried this extension?

I hear it adds 30 hours game play or something.

Is it worthwhile giving it a go?

2. total Guest

I play with it, it is nice but most locations are taken from SoA or even Bg1 (Friendly Arms Inn) There are some new nice quests and i rememberd why i liked travelling through wilderness in Bg1, it was something i never found in Icewind, Planescape or SoA. But still not enough forests :)

3. Shi Gems: 1/31

I heard it was buggy...any opinions?

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Yea, it's pretty buggy. But there's a patch for it.

5. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

there are patches, and bugs are being eliminated on a regular basis.

just try it, and see what you think of it ;)

6. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Shi, I am like you a bit sketical but curious nonetheless. My plan is to wait just a bit longer, let some more bugs get fixed and hoepfully ToB compatibility, and then I will get it. Have fun.

7. Corr Raven Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I played, and it is real buggy, even with patches. It's not really fantastic, but it's OK. Better than nothing, right? Plus, new NPCs!

8. I'm considering getting TDD and its patches. But recently, I've been playing just Diablo II and none of BG2, but I'll playing sometime in the future.

After all, once you've beat SoA three or so times, there's not that much to do except get ToB, TDD, and post stuff on SP. :D

Pardon all the acronyms, BTW.

9. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Pardon all the acronyms? I predict by the year 2050, all people will speak in acronyms...Lol. :hahaerr:

Tower of Iron Will is another mod for BG2, but this one seems to be like it's going to really change things, talking about starting with a lvl 1 character and all.

Here's the link: http://www.teambg.net/tdd/

Grr when I give the link it goes straight to TDD's page. Oh well go to that page and look at its link section, it's the first one.

The web page doesn't look like anything special, but the new ideas sound cool. I'm going to be keeping my eye on this.

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited January 21, 2002).]

10. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Tower of Iron Will is being made by one of the developers of the darkest day, and isn't any ordinary mod, but is rather a Total Conversion.

A new story, new NPCs, new areas... a lot of very kool and new stuff.

it's one to keep your eyes on... though one thing troubles me, all of the same kits as TDD. Which could spell trouble... for me anyway. ;)

11. Shi Gems: 1/31

Looks interesting...
    But what are the NPCs like in Darkest Day?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.