1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

DA Spells

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by NOG (No Other Gods), Feb 8, 2006.

1. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    [​IMG] So, since we aren't using D&D rules, we aren't using D&D spells. What would you all like to see in spell selection for DA? Fireball? Magic Missle? Magic Shield? Pitfall? Transform enemy into rabbits? Get creative, and remember that this is a computer game, so complex computations aren't that big of a problem. For example, I think all fireball type spells (name your element or damage type) should do the most damage at the center, and decreasing damage as you move out to the edges. Certain area effects, i.e. a sleep cloud, should work similarly. What do you guys (and girls) think?

2. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    There was this spell in heretic2. In a small radius all were transformed(soem enemy;s had magical resistance) into chickens for a set time.

3. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I like random effect spells. Teleportation kind of spells are cool too. Some kind of blanketing spells would be nice too, creating (selective) non-magic zones.

4. NOG (No Other Gods)

Media:
    How about create/destroy walls? Magic traps?

5. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Powerfull. lots of mana. Perhaps to tactical?

6. NOG (No Other Gods)

Media:
    I think spells should be tactical. I would like to see much more tactical uses for them than there have been in many recent games. Not that I don't like the 'fry-everything-in-sight supernova' spells. Have plenty of those, but also have tactical considerations. Spells that need line-of-sight and spells that don't. Spells that block line of sight, or direct fire, but other spells that work with indirect fire. I'd also like to see a lot more of the game in outdoors environments than in dungeons, castles, etc. and that opens up a lot of possibilities for spells.

7. Gasha Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Sorry meatdog, but bioware has stated that teleportation will not be included in DA, as least not as normal, trivial spells. It may happen, but it won't be something normal, more like a miracle

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.