1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

DA: Origins Ultimate Edition Issues

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by Chandos the Red, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    I thought that this looked like a pretty good deal, even though I already have the plain vanilla DA:O edition, but with no addtional content. But reading up a bit on it, I've discovered that there are some pretty massive issues with the DLC that supposedly comes with the game. I guess the issue is related to the DRM, that authorizes the DLC (of course, they punish those who are trying to purchase the game and actually keep these guys in business :rolleyes:) Here's what they have to say at Bioware:

Has anyone else tried this edtion and discovered any issues? Please let me know if you have, since I don't want to have to dispute with these guys.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dra...E-EDITION-and-DLC-unauthorized-5151520-1.html

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I don't know about this edition CtR but unless you're a total fan of DAO (I know I am) you can skip some DLCs so the actual cost may be lower in the end (I'll let you do the math). ;)

3. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Ah! Which ones would you recommend (DLC), Cara?

4. Caradhras

Media:
    Well Munchkin and I made a list.

I suppose you already have the Stone Prisoner so if I were you I'd pick the ones that integrate within the main game for more replay value i.e. Warden's Keep and Return to Ostagar.

My advice skip Darkspawn Chronicles, the Feastday nonsense and only get Golems if you don't mind running around in circles and disabling all your mods (perhaps it's just me but I had a hard time with this DLC acting up because of my mods).

Lelianna's Song is great and Witch Hunt is not bad but you may not want to play them more than twice.

All in all I don't believe purchasing the Ultimate Edition saves you loads of money when you already have the original game. Of course if you don't have Awakening then perhaps it evens out and in that case it may be worth getting the Ultimate bundle. Awakening is definitely worth buying if you like DAO.

5. Chandos the Red

Media:
    No, not really. :)

I was wondering if it was. Thanks.

6. Caradhras

Media:
    That changes things dramatically then. Stone Prisoner is really good but it's also the most expensive DLC...

Witch Hunt $7
    Golems $5
    Leliana's Song $7
    Darkspawn Chronicles $5
    Return to Ostagar $5
    Stone Prisoner $15
    Warden's Keep $7

If you add the cost of Awakening then you're probably better off getting the Ultimate Edition.

7. Chandos the Red

Media:
    I thought that was a pretty good deal. But not if people are having issues getting the DLC to run in the UE.

8. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I heard people were having issues if they used their original DAO CD when trying to run the DLCs; by using the DAOU CD most users issues went away.

9. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Stone Prisoner... that's the DLC you could download for free in the beginning, right? Then why is it so expensive now?

10. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    The Stone Prisoner came with my DAO that I bought about 2 weeks after the game was released. Are you sure it costs $15 now?

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You only get the Stone Prisoner for free if you bought the game new. If you bought it used (or didn't buy it at all ;) ), you have to buy the Stone Prisoner as DLC.

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I bought the Collector's Edition of Dragon Age initially and on the back it says "*One time use code available with full retail purchase. Expires April 30, 2010"

Can you believe that crap? I shelled out money for the collector's edition, but as I haven't installed it before April 30, 2010, the DLC "expired" and I must now buy it if I want it. That goes for both The Stone Prisoner and Blood Dragon Armour.

Can you say SCAM?

13. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, really. I don't know why they would expire, but I just looked at mine and it had the same expiration date. I wonder if they really won't honor it... did you try the code?

I'm not sure about the Blood Dragon armor; I thought that just showed up in your inventory. I don't remember redeeming anything to get it.

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It's marked with the same asterisk on the back as Shale, so I assumed it expired too...

I haven't tried installing it yet - I want to switch to Windows 7 before I install this game, but that's a bit of an undertaking considering all the stuff I'd need to reinstall and reconfigure, so I keep putting it off...

15. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

My dad bought the game in August this year for the XBox 360 and was able to use all the download codes. I don't know why your codes do not work.

---------- Added 0 hours, 0 minutes and 52 seconds later... ----------

If you have Vista already install it does not require as much modification as if you move from Windows XP to Windows 7.

16. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    The codes may very well work; he hasn't tried it yet. He assumed that since they have an expiration date, that they would, you know, expire :)

17. Taluntain

Media:
    Yea, and I'm still on XP...

18. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

You should not need to install the game to redeem the codes as they are tied to your account. Just create the EA/Bioware account and redeem the codes at their website (which you would have to do the first time when you install them anyway) and install the game whenever you like.

19. Taluntain

Media:
    Doh... of course, this wasn't mentioned anywhere. I'll give it a shot.

20. Taluntain

Media:
    Well, I was able to register Shale, Blood Dragon Armor and the two bonus Amazon items on BioWare's site without any prompts or warnings of expiry. Here's hoping they work in-game too.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.