1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Custom Items/Spells?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by AvaLance204, Aug 30, 2001.

1. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Is it possible, via Shadowkeeper or some other editor out there, to create custom items and/or spells? If so, could you direct me to a resource for this kind of tool? Thanks, any help is appreciated.

2. Mirkwood Guest

The one and only place to go for this kind of thing is www.teambg.com

3. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31

Much appreciated, but I find it difficult to use; I was expecting a program with much fewer limitations, so I think I'll scrap my plans for world domination for now.

4. Mirkwood Guest

Yes, I had a dabble at creating a Hackmaster +12 :) but gave it up pretty early. The main problem is that Bioware won't release details on the Infinity Engine so a lot of the parameters and effects used when creating items or spells are largely guesswork by a bunch of hackers around the world (who've done an amazing job though).

5. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31

Heh. I was taking a shot at duplicating the Shadowstaff (artifact from D&D 3E) but without a graphic for it and half the parameters on the program, it would have been tough...

6. All Creation Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Yes you can edit some of the weapons and Armour. You can change there names ect.

Expamle.

I created Armour of God +5 Full plate.

I chosen an armour i liked then changed the name. Then changed the description of the armour and properties of it.

Armour of God +5 Full Plate

+5 to all saving throws.
    Immune to all weapons except to +3 or better enchantment.
    +99% to all elemental resistances.
    +100% to magic resistance.
    Absorbs 99% of all magical damage.
    Absorbs 99% of all physical damage.

Usable only by
    Gods, Gemi-Gods or those who have devine blood with 25 Strength.

7. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31

Nice job. Ehh. I was actually looking for a way to make custom spells, too. I have a few good ideas for alternate high-level abilities and am looking for specific animations...

8. All Creation Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I never tried doing a spell. In the D&D Second Edition there are many spells I like to make and then add to TOB.

It took me 2 months just to make my armour and get it to work on TOB without it crashing the game.

9. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Edwin's amulet was way too appealing so just out of pure jealosy :) i made one of the same for my char. of course then deleted the item right away.

Then for a kensai i made bracers of defence 3 and gave them to koshi via shadowkeeper. When i was able to (btw koshi was much more of a trouble then) kill that party the kensai got those bracers and voila the game wasn't fun anymore hehe

these two i just made out of curiosity after having finished the game. But they definitely do reduce the amount of fun you get from the game if you make hyper powerful items like me :)

Infinity explorer is rather easy to use. Just export some item using shadowkeeper which is similar to the item you want to forge. Then open it up with iee and see how it's made. From there on it's just 5 minutes to create your item.

cheers

10. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

cool - now i can make a proper scythe for the good ol horned reaper

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.