1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Crime and Punishment, on a personal level

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Iku-Turso, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    This is me being stupid again, but if you'd want to dicuss of any crimes you've done and/or punishments you've gotten for them, feel free to do so. It's confession time!

I might have done something quite illegal. :doh:

I acted in the spur of the moment...but there's only a small chance that I'd get caught.

It's still a possibility however. Slap on the wrist, bad me again. But now I'm really scared that I would get caught, though. :mommy:

I guess what I did was a fraud...I hope that they'd notice that the information I gave is bogus and leave it at that. I'm not getting anything out of it, like any stuff or anything, like for instance I didn't buy a spiffy mp3 player or anything like that...but still, a crime's a crime...I'm really hoping that no-one would bother to come after me...

Man, I'm sorry already. What was I thinking...no, I wasn't thinking. Damn!

2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    To quote Shawshank Redemption: "Me? My lawyer f***ed me. Everybody's innocent in here. Didn't you know that?"

I actually can't think of anything "worth" mentioning. Sure, long ago I sometimes put some more candies in the bag after I weighed it and put the price on it. I didn't always pay my traintickets. But such things seldom happened.
    I crossed so many red traffic-lights, that I stopped for green once. [edit]On a bicycle, I should add...[/edit]

[ December 23, 2006, 20:36: Message edited by: Master of Nuhn ]

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm thinking that this could make a very interesting survey Iku. I would be interested in seeing the results if you decide to post one. I would imagine there are very few people who have not at some point in there lives commited a minor crime whether it be shoplifting as a child, stealing from the internet, or cheating on taxes. If there are any people on this board that have commited a major crime they might not be interested in posting it on a thread but they might be willing to put it in a survey.

I've commited a few very minor crimes in my life including smoking a joint or two which is kind of an "invisible" crime in this country as long as you don't try to sell the stuff or use it in large quantities.

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Theft and vandalism lo so many, many years ago.

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

As a kid, both my friend and I did shoplifting for many years - until I got caught, after which I retired. The massive stash of chips, chocolate, soda, gum and stuff like that was pretty cool and handy to have, and we even made a couple of bucks out of it by selling some of the stuff at discount price to friends. Ahh, those were the days.

Some vandalism to my active too.

Nowadays, I just lay low because I love my freedom too much to even consider risking it.

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31

The somewhat common it would appear shoplifting and vandalism as a child. Back then I also was involved in the occassional fist fight with the other boys my age, including giving a couple kids a bloody nose, and I suppose assault charges to all those involved would probably fit too.

I suppose you could say that I, along with just about every other driver out there, am regularly guilty of speeding.

From time to time the goods I bring back from vacation may be a little undervalued on my customs declaration card. I suppose that if those goods were actually undervalued it would be considered either fraud or smuggling. ;)

I have never been caught at anything though. :angel:

7. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Mostly vandalizing: Throwing eggs at other people's cars, rocks at streetlamps. I even remember a broken window (with an icy snowball).
    In short: I threw a lot of things.

Never stole anything, except money from my parents, but that's not illegal, since they 'made' me, I'm part of them so they're actually stealing from themselves. Well, atleast, that's the excuse I use.

Much fighting, though most of the time I got my butt kicked from older kids (including a broken nose).

Then there's smaller: jaywalking, (a lot of) underage drinking, downloading... etc, etc...

Never been punishement by anyone else except my mother and brother.

BTW, is stealing shopping carts a crime?

8. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Pre-teen years: shoplifting, vandalism, breaking and entering, involved in a couple of car robbings (parked cars without no driver in them that is), and probably a few more things. Never got caught, even though there was a police "hunt" a couple of times (we used to terrorise a post office not far at all from were I live, throwing empty glass bottles, snowballs and crackers at the building (the crackers caused a minor fire, which led to a "hunt")). In the summers, we used to throw apples at cars, in the winter snowballs.

I can't say I regret any of it, because it serves no point. That time of my life is the best part of my life, because I had so much fun (not only with the illegal activities but other stuff as well). Since I kind of got distanced from my childhood friends, I have not commited any major crimes, and only a few standard minor ones.

9. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Hmm, couple of shoplifting incidents in youth. A few cases where I parked illegally or 'got away' with an expired meter. (handful of cases where I got ticketed, tho :D ) Plenty of minor speeding and jaywalking.

:skeptic: Hmm...

Um...abandonware (which I still think of as technical theft) aplenty.

and....well, :idea:

Oh, yeah! Negligent manslaughter.

10. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Just your typical teen crimes. Underage drinking, vandalism (throwing eggs at windows), urinating in public places :p , selling/buying pirate DVD's. I guess the worst crime I've done was selling alcohol to underage kids (I was and still am underage myself) but in hindsight I guess that could have been fairly serious if anything had of happend to them. Me and a mate also did this thing where we'd change the stickers on stuff in shops, so that they were cheaper, not sure if thats actually shoplifting or not.

11. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I almost got arrested in Barcelona for pissing on the corner of a 4 way intersection at 2.30 in the morning. I swear I looked around before I did it... those police cars are nearly invisible!

No stealing or anything for me here, I never felt the need.

Some downloading stuff, which is illegal, I guess, but I do it to spite the RIAA (I buy the stuff thats not on RIAA labels, but download the stuff that is :D ).

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Well I would have to add downloading - but the only Canadian court case that I know about decided that it o.k. here. :thumb:

13. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Self defense taken a step too far where I broke the fingers on both a guy's hands, his nose and his ankle...

Speeding...

That's about it.

Never been prosecuted though.

14. nunsbane

nunsbane

Speeding...110 in a 65 once. 107 in a 55 another time.(m.p.h.)
    Drugs...dope,LSD(never liked acid - don't like dope anymore.)
    Vehicular assault...unintended
    assault...intended
    Solicited a prostitute(twice)...lame experiences - discovered it doesn't work for me.
    numerous traffic violations...it costs $95 to use an emergency vehicle turn-around in Michigan.
    Vandalism.
    Theft...media,merchandise,alcohol...
    Breaking and Entering.
    Trespassing.
    Under-age drinking.
    Resisting arrest.
    Leaving the scene of an accident.
    Maybe others...

Most of my unlawful activities occured in my teens and twenties and most went unnoticed by the law.

15. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Successfully (as in didn't get caught) shoplifted a little $1 item when I was a kid; didn't enjoy the feeling at all and never stolen since.

"Trespassing" on school property during school hours. I went to the roof at lunch time because it was the only quiet place in the whole f***ing school, and I ended up getting dragged through the school cafeteria at lunch time by two security guards and getting fined $75 dollars or so. All because a couple punks couldn't stomach that I was braver than them in climbing that ladder, and ratted on me. Apparently, having no lock on that door or hatch, and no prohibition against going on the roof, is sufficient grounds to grab some money from someone who just wanted some goddamn solitude.

"Improper use of a disabled placard." I was too busy taking care of my dying mother to catch the bus, so I had to drive to school or miss a big test. The only place there is to park without a permit (which I didn't have because I usually take the bus) is the handicapped spots. They towed the car, meaning I had no way to get home, OR to get Mom to her surgery the next day. This based upon what...seeing me leaving the car? :rolleyes:

"Failure to pay a fine." Lost the tickets for the 'fraud' I perpetrated, so I couldn't pay them. Now my license is invalid for two years because I was too busy taking care of a dying relative to search through the entire house for a couple slips of paper.

And finally, "driving without a license", though I thankfully haven't been pulled over yet because I'm a GOOD driver, unlike the majority of actually licensed idiots out there. F*** you, Johnny Law, I'm not going to starve to death because YOU think I shouldn't have a license because I value family over strict adherence to the law. As Mr. Garrison would say, "You go to Hell! You go to Hell and you die!"

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Piracy ftw...

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Piracy is a crime?? :eek:

:p

Man, Bahir and nunsbane, you guys did some hardcore stuff :eek:

On my part, just some minor (recent) drug use. I've also been drinking since I was.. 14? But I think that's pretty normal.

I've egged a couple of houses and cars too, but only of some guys I went to school with and that totally deserved it.

I'm not really into the whole "do it bec. it's wrong and gives me a rush" vibe. I'm more of a "is the payoff worth the risk" kind of guy, and usually it isn't so I abstain. I'm quite a rebel though and don't take stupid rules and regulations and such very well.

oh. wait. I probably stole around 10 FR novels from my high school library :D They were pretty hard to find at the time and they started my FR addiction (Thornhold by Elaine Cunningham was my first ;) )

<edit>

oh yeah. hit and run on a parked car too. we got caught for that one though. i wasn't the wheelman but we were all wasted as hell.

18. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well - aside from filesharing, which nobody seems to care he - urinating in public place is only thing to come in mind. But I'm not talking about something like climbing up a statue and taking relief above a crowd. In Finland there are plenty of trees and bushes everywhere, so nobody's ever even noticed anything.

Oh, and I usually return books to library a bit late, but I always pay too. Although I don't know if it's a crime.

I'm tame, I know :)

19. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    The only *crime* is the outrageous late fees they charge! $1 per day?!?! For shame! :nono:

As for any 'crime' I may, or may not have commited...I must plead the 5th. :p :evil: (for all you non-US people, the "5th" is the amendment basically says, "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury" along with a bunch of other stuff.) :rolling:

20. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Oh Fel reminded me with his anecdote about climbing on the school roof, I once broke into the school sports cupboard with a mate and stole loads of cricket bats, football nets, football's stuff like that. I don't count that as theft though as it's from school and not a shop. By the looks of this thread 95% of people must have commited a crime at some point in their life. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.