1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Creating Items

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by NewShortName, Jul 21, 2002.

1. NewShortName Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have just began using Infinity Engine Editor Pro to create items. Could someone please give me instructions on how to create enchanted armour?? I am not sure how to set the armour class for it, etc. If anyone can help, could they either post the instructions here or e-mail them to me???
    Thanx!

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You know the buttons at the bottom that show different things? the one on the left, right... er. EAST (that'll do) you can add bonuses which are basically the enchantments, I'd tell you more but I don't have it with me at the moment

3. NewShortName Gems: 1/31

Thankyou but that didnt help much. If possible, could someone write me out some detailed instructions to do this???
    I need help!

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

5. NewShortName Gems: 1/31

Again, thanks, but it doesnt really help.
    I have checked those files out like, a million times, and they dont tell me how to create enchanted armour. Can anyone explain how to do it easily???????

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Easily? Look, this is my easy way how I do that, but I don't think you'll like it.

You create/copy/edit whatever item you want with whatever util you want. And then you open that file with a nice hex editor and at the offset 0x0060 (that's hexadecimal) you just enter number that represents the enchantment (4 for +4, 65535 for +65535, etc). And you save that change.

I'm sorry this looks a bit rude, but I don't use that TeamBG util nor I plan to use anything that needs VBX to run, so I can't help you with that and similar util.

7. NewShortName Gems: 1/31

Thanks. Could you name a good hex editor for me???

8. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Hello!? Can't you people see!?
    Sorcerer's Place has two brilliant Guides right here, giving detailed explanations and examples. As well as a few new Items for you to use too! Why it's Gopher's Item Making Guide and Spell Making Guide!

Find them here: (right near the top)
    Hints Tips and Tricks on SP
    Or direct link here:
    Gopher's Item Making Guide
    Gopher's Spell Making Guide

Oh and one more thing, anyone who uses this could you PLEASE E-mail or PM me regarding how good it is, because otherwise they will never get better!
    Comments?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2017
  9. NewShortName Gems: 1/31

Hey Gopher, I read your guides and they were great and all, but i still dont understand how to create enchanted armour. You seem to be the man in the know so could you please give me some instuctions because you didnt cover armour in your guide. It would be great if you could help me because i understood how to make the things in your guides easily, its just the armour :(

10. Deth Guest

[​IMG] Why don't you try loading one of the armors that is similiar to what you want, and study what is done to it? I found it helpful, sometimes I loaded a weapon or armor that I wanted and just changed it to what I wanted.
    :hahaerr:

11. Errol Gems: 23/31

Right, i'm updating the Item Guide at the moment, (as we speak). NewShortName, it will be sent to you as soon as it's finished. I'd say a few hours. Then to SP.
    :)

12. NewShortName Gems: 1/31

Thanks Gopher! You have helped me greatly :D

13. Errol Gems: 23/31

No problem, that's what SP is here for, i suppose. Check your e-mails. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.