1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cows are scary

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The Great Snook, Jul 16, 2007.

1. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I got a big chuckle out of this.

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What drama! :lol: I can't imagine being taken to a hospital because I complained about feeling cold.

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Dem city folk is stoooopid.

4. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, being out all day in a farm field and then it rains, it can't be too careful to rule out anything...

...but, yeesh; this lot were from a city, weren't they? :rolleyes:

My father was relocated to Dorset from Manchester during the Blitz, and as such, I've been to Swanage and its envrions during visits and holidays; it's about as peaceful and NON-threatening as you can get! :D

I can just imagine what Billy Crystal joked about for a 'sneak peak' of City Slickers 2:

Curly digs himself out of the grave we buried him in, does a couple of one-handed push-ups and looks right in the camera to say "City folk" :lol:

But my oh my; bodes well for humanity's potential, eh? ;)

5. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Amazing! :lol:

6. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

:whoa: (dunno what happened there; I did have a long wait while it was 'processing', so maybe I clicked something that made the browser submit the post again after BoM had received it? *shrug* Sorry, anyways... )

7. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I have three daughters. I have taught high school teenage girls. They are ALWAYS looking for drama at that age, and ALL teens have very little sense of proportion.

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I think they over reacted.

Just a bit. :p

9. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

It's starting to rain - call a coast guard! :D

10. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

While this is quite funny, I think the three should pay the cost for the coast guard operation.

11. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Following their own logic, they should be simply terrified of themselves. :shake:

12. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Uytuun, you can't use logic with teenagers -- they just don't get it! I have been gravely disappointed every time I've tried to use logic with anyone under 16. As I said before, they are about emotions and drama, not clear thinking.

13. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

St. Albans ain't no city. However, it does leave the impression of being full of daddies little darlings whose idea of the country life is driving round the M25 in a Chelsea Tractor.

(Though the beer festival is rather good)

14. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

It's fear of the unknown. If their only exposure to beef was on the dinner table, an animal that big could be intimidating.

LMAO! I'm sorry, I Couldn't get that out with a straight face...

The only thing I'm careful of is not to klonk one of them in the head with my steel soled shoes when I'm coming down the ladder at the neighbour's place and they have their head in the way...

15. BlckDeth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

Wow. These girls are idiots. It almost makes me hope that I'm reading this out of content, and that the quotes were biased or something.

/*Looks at main article*/

Nope. :lol:

...On another note, there's been a little hate directed towards teenagers as a whole in this thread. Just know that we're not ALL completely ignorant and illogical. ;)

16. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    My reaction was that responsible adults didn't adequately prepare the girls for the field trip. Whether St Albans is a city or just a large town anyone not used to the countryside should be concerned about meeting strange things.

This ex-country girl just shakes her head.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.