1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Counter-Strike

Discussion in 'Playground' started by ObLiViOn, Dec 14, 2000.

1. ObLiViOn Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Sure, but not on the internet. Only LAN.

3. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I'm always counter-terroists

and

I always try to buy the $5000 sniper rifle

4. Mollusken Gems: 24/31

Counter rules! I go for the AUG or Colt (assault rifles with and without scope).

5. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Plus i always try to buy a kevlar vest/helmet

and/or

blind and smoke genades...

6. ObLiViOn Gems: 2/31

Colt/AK rocks PERIOD

7. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Then i choose some boxes/roofs/ducts to hide in and then just lay in wait

When an enemy enters view

BHAM!! He's down and out. His only use is that he is registered as a kill for the SNIPER.

8. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Ugh. Camping.

Yes, I play a lot of Quake, Unreal, and Rogue Spear. Camping is WRONG.

9. ObLiViOn Gems: 2/31

haha, if u camp in the right place, its funny as hell

10. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Exactly!

Why the hell do you think my name is Sniper?
    I am the hidden death...and my kill:getting killed ratio is 4:1...I actually calculated it! And yeah yeah it ain't that good but i've been playing for only 2 months!

11. EternalPaladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

hey Sapiryl, I also play unreal, and all I have to say is REDEEMER for people who like to camp in places. I sometimes camp to though.

12. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Hey, if you can't deal with campers, it's just too bad.

13. Mollusken Gems: 24/31

Some times you just have to camp. Camp with the Para machine gun, and blast everyone's heads off.

14. I haven't played Counter-Strike, but have spent quite a bit of time (11 hours straight once!) playing TFC.

Yes it is annoying when someone kills you in the same spot over and over, but a lot of classes, like snipers, are supposed to do that. It wouldn't be the same game if everyone kept on the move all the time, especially with a game like TFC that has defensive classes like the engineer and sniper.

If you have a problem with someone camping, hunt them down and do something about it!
    The only thing I really have a problem with is "respawn camping" where someone hangs around a respawn point and racks up cheap frags by killing helpless people who have just zapped into existence.

Other than this bitch all you want about camping but PLEASE don't tell me you have never done it. It's just a part of the game. If you try to tell me this I would like to hear "your" definition of camping.

15. Mollusken Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Campers are fun, because you can always pick on them when you kill them! :D

16. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Aha! But do you? Usually u are more bothered with keeping yourself alive than picking out a particular person all the time...As for me, even though i camp, i shoot the first enemy i see and check who it is later...

17. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hmm, I played it once, I found it slow and claustrophobic.

And it isn't as realistic as people like to think.

18. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Could someone tell me what does 'ping' mean?
    And is it good?
    Er...and how do you lower it?
    Mine is around 1200+

Someone please help me!

19. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    A ping is a signal you send from your computer to another on the net. That computer then responds. The time between when you sent the ping and the response tells you how much lag you have between those computers on the net.

20. Sniper Gems: 28/31

How do you lower it?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.