1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cool online games

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Fergus, Oct 2, 2001.

1. Fergus Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

2. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

i like muds (or at least used to..)
    telnet faerunmud.org 4444 oh yeah (tim the toolman effect if you know):grin:

3. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Looks cool, Fergus, but it's full!

4. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31

5. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

[​IMG] On a related note the topic, if anyone on the boards plays Red Alert 2 online, look for Kalaldur, thats me:) (it wouldn't let have Vermillion as my name grrr)

6. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31

7. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

very nice very original......very hard

[This message has been edited by Dark Xan (edited October 03, 2001).]

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Whoa! Infocom's The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy!! I owned that game oh so many years ago... I wonder if I still have it around here somewhere... Unplayably on a 5.25" floppy disk though of course. :)

Man, I remember getting stuck on that game for quite a while because the first time I threw the switch on the portable infinite improbability drive, something bad happened (like thousands of people died or something, I can't remember), so I thought I had to figure out something before using it again... WRONG! You gotta use that thing half a dozen times or so! Ah what great memories of a very fun and funny game...

9. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Ah, my beloved 5.25" disks. How will I survive without your wonderful stories of Lode Runners and Missions: Impossible?

So strange to think how much entertainment we got out of computers that would barely hold SP's logo graphic.

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I still have about two boxes full of 5.25s (over 200 of them), but haven't had a working drive to run them from in 5 years at least. It's not like you can buy them anywhere now. Not that I would even if I had the chance. :D

I have everything that was on them on my 60 gig HD anyway. Someone might actually want to play it all again in 50 years or so. :p

11. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] www.planetarion.com

I saw my little brother playing this game,
    and maybe this is something for you dudes too. It's some kind of galaxy management thingy, 'mining' asteroids, building factories and ships and taking over other planets and galaxies. It's a big community with over a thousand active players, and all plays in real time, even when you're gone :grin:

I have no intention to dive into another addiction, so I stay out of this :wave:

12. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31

BTA I have That game, I got it as a preasant. Came as a set that also included beyond Zork, Planetfall, station fall, a mind forever voyaging and more than a few others.

13. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Thank's for reminding me that there is a new round of planetarion, I had totally forgotten:happy::lol:

Just too bad that they are charging money this time...:grr:

14. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Arg! Still trying to get onto that Warrior site, Fergus. They've been maxed out at 7000 players, so I was psyched today when I saw "6997." But they changed the limit to 6000 now!

That boneland place is hilarious. Love the redneck games like Alcohol and Ammo.

15. Fergus Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

16. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Big drawback with Planetarion is that you can't have a life and play it. I am under protection for 47 more hours and need to get some defences built, but I am going "fishing" with some buddies this weekend so there goes my planet....:grr:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.