1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Companions Epilogues? (spoilers please)

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by pplr, Oct 2, 2010.

1. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    *****Spoilers below*****

So I've beaten Dragon Age:Origins.

I liked a number of things about the game.

I like that you can encourage various companions to do different things as part of the epilogue.

But here is what I'm surprised by....

When running through the slides in the epilogue of my game where I'd recruited most (if not all characters) it only mentioned Leliana, and that is only because I started a relationship with her after Morrigan broke it off with me.

You can tell Zevran that he is welcome to stick with you-and he agreed to with me. Yet it doesn't mention him doing anything and the only ending slide that may infer what he does is the one that mentions your companions heading their separate ways.

I really like ToB/SoA and one of the pluses is that it (ToB) even included an epilogue for each of your party members.

Is it an error (I haven't patched my Origins game yet)? Or are there no epilogues for the bulk of your companions.

I alternated getting Sten's sword back for him and not as well as asking to travel with him, saying I may collect on his debt one day, and just wishing him well-no epilogue for any of these choices?!

Ditto for Wynne, Shale, Oghren, and even the dog (arguably the most likely to stick with the Warden PC provided he/she lives).

Is this my game did I not do something. Via a combination of talking and gifts I managed to get everyone in my party up to 100 except Loghain who I know what happened to (why send Alistair to die when he would be better off being King and Loghain earned/deserved it more?)

If you make him king like I did it is a bit hard not to notice him in the epilogue. But that doesn't mean there should be nothing as it relates to the bulk of the rest of the party.

2. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Each character does have an epilogue; however, depending on what happened during your game it will determine what epilogue you see when you beat Dragon Age.

Morrigan – If you do not sleep with her for the dark ritual she leaves you and that is the end. If you sleep with her for the dark ritual, she will leave after the Archdemon is defeated and you will not find her in your chase, the same epilogue occurs when Alister or Logain sleeps with Morrigan.

Leliana – She will travel with you or be your mistress (if you become king).

Zavarn – Same as Leliana

Orghran – He travels with the warden fighting dark spawn and is a hero of sorts when he returns to Ozzamar

Alister – Becomes king or travels with the warden fighting darkspawn

Wynne – Becomes the first enchanter or acts as an advisor for the new king (warden or Alister)

Dog – No epilogue

Sten – Warns Warden that his people will invade in the future but goes back home if you found his sword; otherwise he stays and fights at the Warden’s side.

3. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Thank you for that Munchkin.

Thanks for putting a spoiler warning on your post but I doubt it is really needed as mentioned spoilers both in the thread title and the very beginning of the 1st post.

If you think I really need them I'll come back and edit my comment again.

Actually what was the approval rating for each of them?

For me it was 100 and....

Alistair wasn't necessarily angry with me (probably because Loghain still died and he became king).

Shale and Wynne went to travel together and see if Shale can be returned to dwarf form.

Oghren never really let on much for me except that he was going to look up the girlfriend you brought him to at the tavern and there was no epilogue commentary about him staying with you or much else.

Sten went home sword or no at 100 approval (more than 1 way to reach it). Though he did leave as your friend and you have the option of asking to go with him (though if you do the epilogue says nothing of how the journey goes).

The epilogue for me only mentioned what happened with Alistair, Leliana, and Morrigan.

That is only mentioned what happened beyond the typical party breaking up and moving on.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  4. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Munchkin's post is pretty comprehensive. There may be some bugs though. The slides focus on your love interest and Morrigan depending on the Dark Ritual (still mention of a child without the ritual). In the epilogue I've also noticed that Eamon mentions Connor although he was killed in some of my playthroughs. Also the game seem to take into account the Warden's active romance and doesn't dwell that much on the rest.

With the latest patch you get a letter from your loved one in Awakening (either Leliana or Zevran) and some NPCs make a come back (depending on your choices of course).

Awakening also features a slide at the end and if you like Oghren you should get Awakening.

I've bought and played Witch Hunt today and although it's short and a bit boring (for the most part) it shows a final confrontation with Morrigan (I won't spoil it for you). Don't get that DLC if you're not hooked on DAO though because it doesn't bring that much to the story as a whole.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.