1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Come to the Chatrooms!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Deathmage, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    The chatrooms have been pretty quiet recently. And by recently, I mean the last year or so. Gone are the days of endless whimsicality from day to night, the drama, and the bloody battles. One only needs to take a look at this or this to get an idea of the wacky fun we used to get up to in the Good Old Days (but let's not bring up the stuff that got me banned :p).

So the solution? More people need to get on chatrooms! Stop being so shy, n00bs! I must admit that the first few times I snuck in #sorcerers I fled almost immediately, but it's fun once you get into it. It's also probably the best chance for RP to descend on your heads (but no promises). And all those people that post regularly on the forums but don't go in chatrooms - you have no excuse. :D

So, go on. Clickity click. I DO bite, but not lethally. :)

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I second Deathmage. No where else will you get a chance to actually 'talk' to Granny and and other fun people. We have all kinds of conversations. Game lore, help with your computer and life in general. It's a great support group without being maudlin, I attest to that.

So come spend some time with us and find out for yourself.

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Mm... I've been on the BoM for more than 4 years yet I don't think I've ever used the chatrooms. I'm going to bed presently but I'll be sure to drop in and have a chat with everyone tomorrow.

4. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    That's where the descriptions lead one awry. We don't talk about games all the time in there - in fact, rarely. :D
    (I find it amusing when people wander in and assume we talk about BG2 all the bloody time).

@Ziad: That's the spirit! We need people like you! Good man!

5. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    This is a sign of desperation after me barging in. :p

6. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I've been planning to, but alas, I'm a slow typer. :(

7. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Come, come, Deathmage, :) read what I said. It is true we don't talk about BG, at least when I'm there but a lot of other games get mentioned. Lots of different things get mentioned, fun things, serious things and nonsense things. We chat. Isn't that amazing that in a chatroom we chat?

It is possible to RP and we have a trivia section, too.

Trellheim, if I can manage anyone can. I can't type, I can't spell and worst of all I can't see. How's that?

Everyone is welcome, just please read the rules.

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I can't get on because of the permissions of the university residential network :cry:

9. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I admit I miss slapping people with trouts.

10. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

I would if idling was allowed for everyone. But as it is only reserved for the elite, I might now make the occasional visit every few months or so.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Idling limits don't apply to long-time forum members, so as long as you identify yourself as such, idling isn't an issue.

12. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

I can't now can I? ;_;

Well I have been able to do so without proxies for the last, uh, two years, but I'm not allowed to, I'd get into trouble with the GameSurge staff.

13. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I used to hang out there all the time in the past and when I took a break from WoW I thought I would renew my membership of the chatroom. Sadly I got into a fight with one of the new operators quite soon which kind of put me off. :( Ah, the good ole days in #sorcerers with Arwen, Lokken, Lindelea, Dragonjewel and lets not forget the adorable little Canadian girls, Extremist, Ragusa I even miss Shralp.

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Taza, you can come back if you'll behave yourself. But one strike and you're out permanently.

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes, it is fun, but oh-so-time consuming that I really can't justify hours spent trivia-ing and slapping.

16. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

Oh, great. I might visit there more often then, if I qualify as a long-time member that is. We will see what happens I suppse.

17. Nakia

Media:
    Today I had a very interesting and educational time in FAI. I learned a little bit about programming and scripts; also bacteria, viruses and pirons(sp?. Oh, also dna. We only tossed a couple of trout around.

You can spend as much or as little time as you wish. FAI is always open to guests. Of course certain times are better than others. That is mentioned in the chatroom front page along with the rule and the history of the Idiot Boots of Removal + 5.

I love 'talking' live to the people I meet here on BoM.

18. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Anyone registered for more than a year and/or with more than 300 posts is exempt from the idling rule.

19. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Hmm it doesn't seem to let me in...

20. Nakia

Media:
    Shouldn't be a problem. Do you have an IRC? If not use the Java script and then change to a nick when you get in.

:lol:I sound like I know what I'm talking about.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.