1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Combining Politics and SoA/ToB

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Honestly, I'm not sure if this belongs in this forum, but given the political nature of it, I'm placing it in AoLS. Moderator descretion whether or not it should be moved.

The other day, I made a comment how Bush is a lot like Saemon Havarian, given that he has these grandiose plans that seem to blow up in his face, yet always being slimy enough to wiggle his way out of the jam.

However, I think a better comparison can be made with Karl Rove being Mellisan. Working behind the scenes, no one truly expecting the danger he can be, and yet, he's the puppet master, pulling all the strings, making all the real decisions, and ultimately wielding the most power.

Taking suggestions for Cheney, Rumsfeld, et. al.

2. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Spellhold could be Guatanamo.

3. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Any Iraq city could be Amkethran

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Athkatla as a broad UN metaphor, perhaps? ;)

Valygar could perhaps be the former Attorney General Ramsay. I could see Kerry as a Havarian more than bush. Clinton bears some similarity to old Farthy, don't ask why. :p

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The sad thing is: there is no one competent enough to be Irenicus.

6. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    :lol:

That's right. Then Bush can be Yaga-Shura. Not very close in terms of physique, but their brains match very well I think :D

And then Condolezza can be Melissan, Saddam Hussein is Gromnir Il-Khan, Colin Powell is Sarevok (just remember his speeches in-between Afghanistan and Iraq - pure war-lust), and so on... I can't find anyone to fit Kim Jong-Il though.

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Balthazar maybe? :D

8. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Yeah that could work.

Although I find it hard to imagine Balthazar singing "I'm so ronery..." :lol:

9. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

What about Bhaal being Hitler?

10. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    This may upset a few people but I see Bhaal as more the Caesar type. Me first, last and always.

11. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Heh. Inspired by this thread, I just set up a How Would They Vote? Poll in the ToB forum, asking how the vanilla bioware NPCs would vote along a Right/Left axis...

12. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I can see Nalia as a celebrity anti-Bush campaigner.

As for the administration...

Bush = Yaga-Shura (not truly stupid, but readily manipulated, dangerous, and not really in charge)

Cheney = Melissan, absolutely (although that's a gestalt role combining Cheney and Rove; perhaps Rove deserves the job as Irenicus)

Rumsfeld = Abazigal (I can see him saying "Those insolent words shall be your LAST!" before hitting The Button)

Rice = Sendai (I respect Condoleeza's accomplishments, but don't like her policies)

McCain = Balthazar

Brown (former FEMA head) = Illasera (non-Ascension, of course!)

13. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Lech KaczyƄski, recently elected Polish president= Tiax, size is more or less the same.

14. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Howard Dean - Minsc.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.