1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Collector's Edition content

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Death Rabbit, May 14, 2007.

1. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Is there any way to install the collector's edition content without actually buying the collector's edition? I know this sounds cheap, but I purchased the regular edition, and remember that aquiring the special edition content of past IE games could be done in a downloadable patch, purchased or otherwise.

I REALLY want this extra content, any help appreciated. Thanks.

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I would give my char the following feats through the console command ##givefeat ....

1764 FEAT_EPITHET_MERCHANTS_FRIEND
    1765 FEAT_EPITHET_BLESSED_OF_WAUKEEN 1

:holy: Seriously, didn't try it myself, but it should work. My view is that the best items are self-made in NWN. Tell me if it works :)

3. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'll try that as soon as I get home! Thanks. :roll:

I disagree about the self-made weapons. Yes, there's no question you can create more powerful combinations of traits in-game, but I still love aquiring and using unique weapons with a name and history of their own. Crafting superweapons from scratch feels a little powergamy for my taste. That said, I will tend to add a property or two to the weapons I've found.

ps - remind me how to bring up the console?

4. Ragusa

Media:
    Contrary to what's said in countless guides I simply hit enter and then '##command' (replace, of course, command with the appropriate console code). It is for my taste faster, and it works for me.

I have the habit of re-leveling my characters for sensible/useful skills and feats. In the game they're mostly random as far as I can tell :nolike:

5. Master Leo Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

AltGr + 7 (or tilde key) opens up the console

DebugMode 1

givefeat 1764 - Merchant's Friend (preorder)
    givefeat 1765 - Blessed of Waukeen (collector edition)

DebugMode 0

the traders with special items will be a gnomish girl in act2 docks district, and the other one is in blacklake, in the merchant square by the arcane university

both traders exist normally withing the game, but now you can ask them for special offers (mostly class-specific, expensive items)

6. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Do I have to enter this into a game file or something?

Can someone treat me like an idiot (a stretch, I'm sure) and explain this step by step? :)

7. Master Leo Gems: 7/31

you do it all using console, within the game

8. Ragusa

Media:
    There also is a dealer in Port Llast.

9. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Mayhaps I'm sofa king we Todd did*, but...

I can't get the console to work. I pressed ~, concole came up, I typed "DebugMode 1" and it told me it was an invalid command, and that I should select from a list, which it displayed. I also tried "debugmode 1" and "DebugMode_1" even "DebugMode1," but nothing.

What am I doing wrong here? I even followed the instructions I found here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/code/922154.html

* If this confuses you, say it aloud a few times. ;)

10. Kiwi Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

I believe that before you can use the console, you must make an edit to the game's INI file, the one with the saves, in the My Documents folder. Just offhand, though, what that line you have to change actually is, I'm afraid I've forgotten.

11. Ragusa

Media:
    Ah yes, you have to edit the nwn.ini file located in "My Documents\Neverwinter Nights 2" folder. Use a text editor to open nwn.ini and add the following 2 lines under:

[Game Options]
    Debug Mode=1

Sorry, I just forgot.

12. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Ok - so I spoke with the gnome girl in the docks, and Haljal in Port Llast. But I can't seem to find the 3rd merchant. The only merchant I've ever used in Blacklake is the white-haired guy just at the top of the stairs to the Acadamy and Nasher's crib. Where's the merchant? Is there a feat other than 1764 and 1765 that I have to enter in?

This, of course, is going to drive me nuts until I know the answer. :(

13. Ragusa

Media:
    Nope. Just those two feats. IMO the guy in Blacklake is the third guy. You'll have a conversation with him for being Daegun's foster child and such, before he'll offer you thge special items - you iirc get that with the 'Merchant's Friend'. I added the feat after you started this thread and suddenly, or finally, had this conversation. Went there before, without the feat, and I didn't get the dialogue.

14. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

You are correct Ragusa. The guy in Blacklake, Dayne Lynneth, is the third guy.

15. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Does it only work the first time you speak with him? Because I entered the codes in, and I only got two dialogue options: show me your stuff, and farewell. What gives?

16. Ironhawk Skylord

Try to go to another area, like the Docks or Merchant's District. When you make a change in the game, you have to reload the area.

By the way, it can pay off to pickpocket Dayne Lynneth as he has a Magic Bag and a Chime of Opening.

17. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Side question: is there any downside to pickpocketing the merchants? I haven't found one yet, even when I've been caught.

18. Ironhawk Skylord

No. They don't turn hostile.

While you are at the Blacklake, you might as well pickpocket the other merchants too.

One of them has a gold necklace and a couple of hundreds(!) gold rings, the other a diamond.

You can fence them to Haljal in Port Llast. He buys stolen goods.

Make sure to split the gold rings to get maximum profit. ;)

19. Master Leo Gems: 7/31

750 rings actually

and you don't necessarily have to sell them in port llast, because dayne lynneth takes them as well, but only if you open the special items trade window

20. Ironhawk Skylord

Thanks Master Leo, I didn't know that Dayne Lynneth bought stolen goods also. :)

That's right, 750 rings... I like to think it is an intentional easter egg. :)

Anyway, that's where a magic bag comes in handy, the rings weighs a little. :D

One could sell them to Uncus at the Keep also, but then the feat Warden of the Keep is out the question...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.