1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cleric Stuff

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Halasz, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Halasz Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Has there been any word on how the cleric system will be handled for NWN2? I really like the system for Icewind Dale 2( It was the best done so far in my opinion) and the original NWN system left a lot to be desired.

So is there any info. known about how clerics will be handled?

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I assume you are talking mainly about domain spells, correct? They seem to be th e main difference between the two. As to that, I really am not sure.

What they have added to NWN2 though is a diety selection system (which, as clerics serve dieties, particularly apply to them), in which you choose, during character creation, a patron diety based upon your alignment and class. This opens up to you a different selection of domains. It stops, for example, clerics of Cyric choosing Healing and Animal as their domains.

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Wonder if they are going to make the same for paladins. I don't mean domains but some kind of reflection of the deity rules from pnp.

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I believe it applies to all classes. You pick your class and your alignment, and from that you have a range of options that fits to both. For example, in FR there are only a select few dieties who support paladins (and certain alignments), so the paladins will be restricted to those. Same applies for ranger and druids who require nature deities.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sounds good. I really like these sort of character tailoring options. They don't make a massive difference to the power of a character, but are great for personalising the character's individuality.

6. Halasz Gems: 7/31

Any word on what the deities might be?

7. Rotku

All the Forgotten Realm dieties in the Original Campaign (except the Mulhorandi ones, I believe). But they are of course customisable for custom mods, with simple entries into the 2da files, from what I understand.

[Edit]
    As much as I like to sound intellgent and seem like I've got a whole load of inside information, most of the things on the deity system can be found here.
    http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=485289&forum=95

[ July 18, 2006, 06:47: Message edited by: Rotku ]

8. Halasz Gems: 7/31

Thanks a lot! Lets just hope high level clerics of Shar and evil wizards can use The Shadow Weave. ;)

9. Rotku

Heh, sorry to disappoint you but no, they can't. Can't remember where I read it, but I'm pretty certain that's not going to be avalible. The community might come up with something though.

10. Halasz Gems: 7/31

Well......that just sux :p No point even being those things then.......Oh well I guess I'll just have to be a good cleric ;)

Another thing I'm pumped for is actual Drow gods, in IWD2 you could be a female drow cleric.....but LOLTH was not in there.

[ July 19, 2006, 19:32: Message edited by: Halasz ]

11. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Yeah, I found that screwy with IWD2 that Lolth was not an option for drow, so hopefully she will be apart of NWN2 if there is a drow subrace. Hopefully will also be a good drow option aswell such as Ellistrae (sp?)

12. Rotku

You're in luck :)
    An yes, TrueBlueAussie, I believe that a drow subrace is been included.

13. Halasz Gems: 7/31

I'm looking forward to being a good drow cleric of E. or Lurue.

I just said it kinda sucks though because every game sets you up to be a good guy. Being evil every now and then is sorta nice.

14. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Seems I can't play a whiney, non-winged faster-than-Chiktikka-Fastpaws Avarial with Baervan Wildwanderer as her patron. Because deity selection is restricted by race (a.o.).

Pity heh? :p
    Still I'd rather be that than Drow, if you want my opinion.

15. Halasz Gems: 7/31

well.......selection is resticted by race...but any race can choose human deities :p

16. Halasz Gems: 7/31

I *still* don't have this game(and don't know when I'll get it). I've looked and haven't found much on domains. For those who have the game, are there any new domains?

17. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yeah, there are domains, but they work nothing like the domains in P&P D&D. You can pick any available domain regardless of diety (2 domains can be chosen total), and those domains will give you a perhaps a new feat a couple of extra spells (that are just added to your regular spells per day), others give no feats in lieu of a larger number of additional spells (magic domain is an example, which give a handful of wizard spells).

It's not necessarily a horrible system, but it's definitely not the system WotC put together. Meh, it works, I suppose.

18. Halasz Gems: 7/31

Well, I know how the system works. :p :rolleyes: I've read that domains work exactly like they did in NWN. I just didn't know if there were any added domains since Neverwinter Nights 1.

In NWN1 the small number of domains left you with a small selection of deities(if you want to be accurate) :) For example if you wanted to be a cleric of Selune you could not use the moon domain?!?!?!

19. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    As I mentioned in my previous post, there is no dependancy on deity for which domain you choose. I don't recall if there are any domains in this game that weren't in NWN1, but there are roughly a dozen domains total.

There is a large number of deities to choose from, but deity selection is really just for flavor in this game, there is really no impact to gameplay.

20. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

... my Cleric of Selune has the Sun DOmain :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.