1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Class of 2010

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by T2Bruno, Aug 23, 2006.

1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

That's scary ...

3. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Agreed, that is scary.

Amazing what even a few years can do....

4. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I like 9, 34, and 74 the best.

5. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Oh well, I guess that's better than 'Ringo who?'-remarks.

6. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Or "What is clean and sober?"

7. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I was born in -88, but I can't say I agree with all that, especially not this one

Of course there has - Kareem Abdul Jabbar, the one and only.

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I didn't understand most of those because a lot of it was American stuff that nobody else has heard of, regardless of age.

The ones that have the most resonance for me are:

11. A coffee has always taken longer to make than a milkshake. (Cafe culture has been one of the underestimated changes of the last 10 years)

19. "Google" has always been a verb (although I disagree as these kids would have been at least 12 before Google really started to be used as a verb).

28. Carbon copies are oddities found in their grandparents' attics. (!!)

36. They have rarely mailed anything using a stamp. (True)

39. "So" as in "Sooooo New York," has always been a drawn-out adjective modifying a proper noun, which in turn modifies something else (Aaaaaargh!)

75. Professional athletes have always competed in the Olympics. (I had forgotten about that!)

I have no idea what "getting lost in big boxes" means.

Aha! Found the New Zealand version! This one is much more relevant to me: http://mindset.massey.ac.nz/#2006list

[ August 23, 2006, 23:40: Message edited by: Harbourboy ]

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Never had it happen to me, but it refers to the morons that go to Wal-Mart to shop aimlessly on end.

I've only got a few years on these guys and this is making me feel old...

10. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

I was born in '87 and lots of those don't apply to me. Maybe I'm lucky.

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Interesting ones from the NZ version include:

--New Zealand has always been a "friendly country" to the US government, never an "ally".

--These students don't remember when "cut and paste" involved scissors.

--Bill Gates has always been worth at least a billion dollars.

12. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I was born in 1988 and some of them is true some are just too US related to mean anything.

I especialy liked the Google and Mail thing, so true...

Mail that is NOT electronic? The F***?

13. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Scary? Are you kidding? It's hilarious! :lol: I have to admit, when I saw the name Beloit, and recognized it as one of my state's cities, I had a bad feeling. But this just seems to be an annual joke, as the Onion is a weekly joke. I can assure you from experience that Wisconsin primary education isn't that bad. Though, believe me, at that age I did wish it was slack so that I wouldn't have to learn all that stuff I didn't care about. :shake:

14. Harbourboy

Although, ironically, due to the popularity of internet auction sites like Trade Me, there is probably more mail being delivered by mailmen than ever before - just that it is packages of items that people have bought and sold rather than being actual letters.

15. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Comments:

5: If you can actually get lost in one of those places, then how the f*** did you get inot College?

22: I heard he was a special forces guy that could kill you with his bare hands. I'd do what he said too...

28: They're also E-mail options...

51: Am I supposed to remember him being invited somewhere?

57: Really changes the meaning of the slogan, doesn't it...

73: Liked that video game...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.