1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Chloe Mod and new Quest

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Prime, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Prime Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I've got the Chloe Mod installed and with this new quest added to the Shadow Theives (saving Aran's daughter) i've saved her but when i talk to Aran again, he asks about the ST defectors, gives me Quest EX EVERYTIME i talk to him. major cheat, ok, but i'm already cheating. to the point though:

what's causing this bug? i've saved her, when i talk to her, she says she want's a succulent baby. what do i give her to drink? and how do i solve this repeating bug? it's never happened before. Anyone who knows what's up with the game?

2. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

What I want to know is, is there in any way I could change Chloe's portriat? Its really not appealing. Its art is sooo dull, to the point of being cartoonish. So guys, help me

Any way, back to the question, yeah, I did have the same problem. I tied to contact the mod creator, but have come up with a no response.
    But, being the weasel I am, I prefer to cash in with the bug's help! =)

3. Tanthie Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

You can use ShadowKeeper to change your characters' portraits. (SK can be found at http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_editors1.php)

And about that bug problem... It's hard to tell, because I haven't encounter it. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  4. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

There should be a BMP somewhere in Chloe's folder that is her portrait. Simply replace that with whatever portrait you want and reinstall the mod. Or, copy those two (or three) .bmps to your override. No need to bother with the BugMaker.

5. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31

Theb .bmp change doesnt work, I tried that before but it is still the same junky portrait

6. Rastor Gems: 30/31

What? Did you reinstall the mod after changing the portrait? Changing the portrait in this way won't affect a saved game, but it will give her the new portrait in all later games with her.

Use Near Infinity to change the portrait in the saved game. Shadowkeeper doesn't work as well (doesn't check the files properly in cases of mods).

7. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31

Hey Rastor!
    Comparing her and Mazzy, which one will you take in the party?

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31

I'd pick Mazzy. Chloe is a lot stronger, though.

9. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31

Yeah, I guess so, mazzy's paladin-like abilities and her longer range does seem to make her the more preffered fighter.

Do you realise how painful it is to see Chloe try to get up a hill and being pelted by flaming arrows from afar and having to mow through a horde of shadows? She and her abnormal stats didnt survive to see the next sunrise...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.