1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cheaterholics anonymous

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Ironbeard, Mar 24, 2001.

1. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

This is referring to my post in the Firkrag (sp?) topic in BG2. My name is Ratchett Ironbeard, and I am a cheat.
    Often I blunder into battles without preparing and then reload the save and use the benefit of "foresight".
    I have exploited monsters too dumb to open doors.
    I rest on "urgent missions" because I want to recover spells.
    I attack guys when they're neutral (like the guy Edwin tells you to kill).
    I tried to stop but I want to win so badly and I'm too dumb to play properly.
    (takes a deep, cleansing breath and sits down)
    Thank you for listening.

. Cheaters stand up and tell your story. Together we can overcome our weakness.

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited March 24, 2001).]

2. Duskai Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] erm...I'm only here because I heard you had tea and chocolate biscuits.

3. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well...ehm...my names Sap <voice break> Sapiryl and - and I'm a cheat!

*sob*

I used Timestop to cast Magic Missile!
    I used Grease so that I could kill goblins at long range!
    I never did the lich side quest!
    I never turned Valygar in to the Cowled Wizards, and I wouldn't enter the Planar Sphere because I didn't want to kick out Anomen!

Finally, I used Finger of Death on Adolan!

*sob*
    "I LOVE YOU GUYS!"

4. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

*stands up, gathering about her the wisps of silk that pass as clothing*

He..hello.. My name is Darien Noella and I'm an..an.. a nymphomaniac...

What? No? Oh... *blushes* Sorry...

*wanders away, looking for the napkin with the address given to her by Duskai*

5. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Hey nymphomaniacs are welcome anywhere! Come back, come back..ah well, never mind.
    1) I used Shadowkeeper after beating the game thrice!
    2) I used it to change my main characters name after I typed it wrongly in the beginning!
    3) *Sob* I changed Haer Dali's portrait.
    4) I used the Celestial Fury!
    5) My Equaliser worked properly!
    6) I used the Silver Sword!
    7) I turned into the Slayer even though my character was 'good'!
    8) All your base are belong to us!

6. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] *bewildered leafing through a dictionary*
    chaw...cheap....ahh....cheat... never heard before... ohh... *shocked* BEWARE!
    *quickly leaving the topic shuddering*

7. Seric Exz Guest

ehhh... cheat? I?! NEVER!!
    (OK, I have boosted stats now and then, but that's just because I'm on steroids - HONEST!!)

I shall fight with unprecedented ...uh... *perseverance* for my right to be in denial...

8. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

No, no I don't cheat, I use my knowledge of the environment and behaviour of my enemies to gain a tactical advantage such as:

- cloudkill into rooms then shut the door (well you could do that in real life (apart from the cloudkill).
    - mass invisability followed by tactical positioning of players before initiating dialogue.
    - sending fireballs into areas off screen where I 'just get a feeling' there might be some nasty monsters.
    - drawing out monsters one at a time (I don't this as much now especially having read the stuff on the Icewind Dale board that says that 'weakness' has been addreessed in HOW).
    - letting skeletons, elementals and Mondakeron's (Spelling) sword take the damage.
    - running away out of their sight (they give up chasing you so easily).

I feel better now for having confessed. Group hug.

9. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Ok, I'll admit.. I've used ridiculously overpowered Korgan to do almost all my battles. He even killed every single Cowled Wizard we met, inculding their supreme leaders Zallanora and the other one. He laughs at Pit Fiends, smiles when facing an Iron Golem, chuckles at the sight of a score of drow priestesses. And when he's getting overwhelmed, Edwin sends in a Fireball or two, safely in the knowledge that it doesn't hurt the sturdy dwarf at all. Hmm, I should try him one-on-one with Adalon one of these days..

10. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Heu.. No. Too much emotions, cant talk about it now.

Dimissed.

11. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Changing Haer Dalis' portrait does not make him less gay.

12. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Don't worry Wassup, that's a natural reaction, we're with you man, you've taken the first step.

Another group hug.

13. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Cheating? NOOO... I only legitimately powergame (it means cheat..). Use reload (cheat *sob*...). Also having read all possible solutions (cheating... *man it sucks*) and after getting to chapter 7 myself twice (*oh no..*). However, I still have to beat the game (I am doing three run-throughs at once). Plan to do it this week.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.