1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Charles Feduke Interview at Planet Neverwinter

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Mar 25, 2004.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by chevalier)

Planet Neverwinter have interviewed Charles Feduke, project manager of the NWN Lexicon. Here's an excerpt:

A: Before going into the subject of the Lexicon itself, Charles, it would be interesting to know more about yourself, the project manager of this well-respected community resource that is the Lexicon. Basically, who are you? What's your background in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons? And Neverwinter Nights? Is the Lexicon your only project in the NWN community?
    CF : I'm a computer programmer by profession, and an occasional writer and artist as well. I've been programming for about a decade and got my start when I was still in high school. I have done few things for longer periods of time than program, and one of those is Dungeons & Dragons. I started playing D&D when I got my hands on a copy of the "D&D Expert Set" sometime in the late eighties which soon led to AD&D 2nd edition, and now D&D 3.0/3.5 that I still avidly pen and paper on the weekends. I would also like to note that al-Qadim was the greatest campaign setting TSR ever introduced, with Forgotten Realms being the best campaign world. My first introduction to NWN was prior to the BioWare NWN that we've all come to know and love: the NWN client which was played in conjunction with the America Online software (at the time AOL 2.5). That was a chaotic but fun game - but at $2.95 an hour it quickly got expensive. Needless to say, I was ecstatic when I heard that the news that a new game named "Neverwinter Nights" was in the works and even though it was nothing like the original, the name alone brings back fond memories (not to mention the reincarnation is a better product in all ways). My one failing with NWN is that I have yet to complete the standard campaign or any of the expansion packs and I haven't written any playable modules; orchestrating the NWN Lexicon expands to fill my free time as free time is found. The Lexicon is my only project within the NWN community.

Read the whole thing at Planet Neverwinter.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.