1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Character Name

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Frog, Aug 13, 2001.

1. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] Yo Screwheads, listen up! What did you name your Player Character?

I named mine Aragorn from LOTR's cause when I first started bg1 I choose the ranger class and it just came up. I couldn't think of anything else at the time. When I got SoA I gotten so use to Aragorn so I kept it and used the Monk Class (I didn't import cause i want to try a different class) I used all through till the end of ToB. Now I not only think of Aragorn as the ranger but also the Child of Bhaal. ;)

I'm hoping to hear some of your interesting names.

[This message has been edited by Frog (edited August 13, 2001).]

2. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] My conjurer is named Vodalian. I got that from an old game i used to play called Realmz.

3. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I prefer to make original names to my characters... but sometimes I must use a name like Durin or something like that. My Paladin was Alderon, I had a sorcerer named Marvellus, there was a ranger named Celin, etc.

4. Rangstrom Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Quint Threehand is a mage/thief because he needs three hands I keep him so busy. I did have a dwarf beserker named Relg Lacknose--it is a long story as to how he lost his nose. Darn those drow women.

5. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    my male characters usuelly have the name "Lueran"

my females have "syliva" or "sylvia"

6. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I usually either add a degree of irony to the story by giving my characters names which belie their status (ie half-orc demigod barbarian called Tarquin or Sebastian or something :p) or I do the standard fantasy thing of taking a normal name and adding unnecessary consonants on (ie Emma becomes Emmah, or Jessica becomes Jessika)

7. Gwyddyon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Right now I've got an Elven sorcerer named Lephillae and a Half-Elven bard named Deirdre. I used to play a Dwarven berserker named Grugnir and a Half-Elven totemic druid named Telanthis Oakfeather.

8. Oricalcum Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Tenalt is my favorite name for my heroic thieves. For most others, I have somehow become fond of the name "Ghed" or "Ghedrick".

9. Brasher Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My Dwarfs name is Brasher. I got it from a short story i wrote and it has stuck. He a dumb Dwarf but got to love how he go into battle without fear. Long live Brasher...!! :)

10. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Starting from candle keep, me Laksol human sorcerer with peerless skill is rocking through the forgotten realms, anything shall fall under my foot! :D

11. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Tasohan Duurham!
    (For halflings)

12. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] Ehm.. Zaragoth. Always, no matter race, class or anything. I think it suites me just fine.
    (I´m playing a human assassin right now named Zaragoth, but Zaragoth should suit a half-orc better - don´t you think?)
    eh.. That´s all folks!

13. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

*Yogosaka Shivas - Lawful Good Monk (first game)
    *Nomar Chaodan - Chaotic Neutral Berserker (second game)
    *Nolan D'Aramith - Lawful Good Inquisitor (third game)
    *Kiana Windfall - Chaotic Good Female Elven Archer (also third game)
    *Gustav Tanglebeard - Neutral Good Dwarven Cleric (also third game)
    *Nomar Chaodan (again) - Chaotic Good Wild Mage (also third game)
    *Corwin Dellalt - Neutral Good DC Ranger/Cleric (in progress)

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited August 14, 2001).]

14. garathorn Gems: 5/31

i always name my guys after Lord of the Rings characters my halfling thief bilbo my mage gandelf my dwarven fighter thoren hes from the hobit but all the same

15. Nivek The Mad Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Okay, I guess I have the MOST lame excuse for my lvl 9 Assassin - Nivek is my first name spelled backwards. But hold on, it does sound sorta Epic/Viking/Heroic, doesn't it? Nivek the Mad! Hagar the Horrible?
    Oh, never mind. :)

16. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] My first character in bg1 and now inot bg2 was called lazy bonzo. I can't remember how i originally came up with the name but it stayed after bg1 when a little kid ran up to me shouting "Lazy Bonzo! Lazy Bonzo! please help. " it was hilarious but i suppose you just had to be there.

17. Trunculo Gems: 5/31

My best friend (and I use the term loosely) is running a character right now named "Jimmy the Gay" (my first name is Jim). The character is a halfling berserker (I'm 6'4" and non-gay -- not that there's anything wrong with that) and it cracks my buddy up every time some NPC has to interact with him.

I'll get him.

18. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

"Naine"- it's the feminine form of the French word for dwarf.

19. Marmeille Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

For some reason I don't give my characters a second name, I used too in BG1 but it started to get on my nerve in BG2 when Imoen, who's a long time friend always called my main character by its full name, didn't seem to make sense.

Anyway, for now on, its simple one name only like;
    Baptiste (male Cavalier)
    Nocturne (female Priest of Talos)
    Ki-Boutz (male Monk)
    Aurore (female Totemic Druid)
    Kaliman (male Assassin)
    Sabrina (female Invoker)
    Grizzly (male Barbarian)
    Marmeille (female Bard)

By the way, Marmeille is also the name of my cat, and contrary to popular beliefs, Bards are way cool to play.

[This message has been edited by Marmeille (edited August 15, 2001).]

20. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I think tjek has one of the best...check out his thread on etiquette, it'll have you in stitches...a halfling with a 3 charisma and 18 intelligence named...wait for it...

Wally.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.