1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Chappell - Hadlee Trophy 2005

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Harbourboy, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ooo, the first Chappell - Hadlee Trophy game for 2005 is about to start. NZ v Australia. Hope it's a good game. No Fleming and no Bond for NZ so should be tough but also no McGrath for Australia.

10 minutes to go. Go the Black Caps!!

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ah cool, I read about this in the paper today. Come on New Zealand! Vettori will spin them into next week ;) .

Where's it being played?

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It's being played right here in Auckland. Shame I couldn't make it to the game, but still good to have cricket on at a respectable time of the day rather than having to get up in the middle of the night. Gilchrist gone early but Ponting on the rampage at the moment.

4. Barmy Army

Media:
    Oh, it's a one day series then by the sounds of it? I'll keep up to date on cricinfo, should be good. Can't let Ponting get his eye in... get your 90mph pacers on him... oh :p :D .

I want to see NZ win this, what a trio that would be for them after dominating both forms of the rugby! Not that it's likely to happen, Aus look back to their imperious best.

What's with Katich opening the one day batting? He's only just been kicked out of the test side. Where's Hayden?

5. Harbourboy

Bah, Ponting is smashing us all over the place.

6. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

:lol: cricinfo has nothing right now. http://www.espnstar.com/ Live Info says -

That has to be a record :lol:

EDIT: Well atleast they got past 100.
    NZL: 105/10 in 27.4 overs (Run Rate: 3.8)
    Batsmen: C Cairns - 37

[ December 03, 2005, 09:06: Message edited by: Shrikant ]

7. Barmy Army

Media:
    Ouch, big hammering. It's not good when your top 6 batsmen muster 25 runs between all of them!

8. Harbourboy

Bah, before the game we were raving about how weakened the Australian bowling attack was. Shows what we know. What a pummelling.

9. Harbourboy

Man, we're getting completely smashed in the second game! Andrew Symonds clouted 156 from 127 balls. How do you compete with that?

10. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Yep... :D
    I'm glad that the Aussie selecters are promoting a bit of movement in the sides.
    Hopefully the next game is a tad closer.

11. Barmy Army

Media:
    Should won today Harbs! 6 balls off the final over should have been no real problem...

12. Harbourboy

What a game! How on earth did we manage to almost chase down 322 runs?? Agonising finish, but at least our batsmen now know that Brett Lee is human.

6 runs off the last over can be tough when you're 9 wickets down. But I still can't believe we even got close. That's why cricket is so great to watch!

13. Barmy Army

Media:
    Brett Lee got smacked allover the place. Where was McGrath? There was a player I'd never heard of who took 3 wickets.

Yeah 6 runs can be tough when you're on your last wicket, but to get 3 batsmen run out isn;t good team work. When you chase down 322 and need 6 runs off the last over to win, you really should be getting it. It's only 2 boundaries, or a boundary and a few nurdled singles.

But anyway, NZ did fantasticly to make it so close. Now just not to let their heads drop after this. Lou Vincent had a good knock :) .

14. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Holy sh*t what a game!!! Definitely one of the best ones I've watched in a long while!

15. Harbourboy

I never thought they'd be able to come back from that hiding in the first game. Damn! If only, if only if only....

It was funny seeing Ponting explode when Billy Bowden called that no-ball for not having enough men inside the circle. Hilarious.

16. Barmy Army

Media:
    Ponting went down massively in my estimation during the Ashes. He's just a big mard arse.

17. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Good to see Vincent and Cairns do well. Not sure why MacMillan or Franklin is in the side - sacrificial pigs perhaps?

18. Harbourboy

Game 3 just started. Ooh, Gilchrist gone early again!

But he went early last time and they got 322......

19. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Oh. My. God.

That is the most unbelievable win I have ever seen. World record run chase of 332. Absolutely unheard of.

20. Harbourboy

Astonishing stuff! I still can't work out how they did it.....

That means they could have won the series if they'd scored 2 more runs in game 2.

But what a chase! Wow.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.