1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Chaos League...

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Dave the Magic Turtle, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I just got this game, I started a Dwarf team, and so far have managed to lose all my games but one (which was against 6 goblins!).

Has anyone got any hints or something, preferably for dwarfs? :confused:

2. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I want to get this game. Reminds me of Blood Bowl.

3. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Never heard of this one before, I'll have to wait for a few reviews to come out to make my judgement about it. Looks like a game I would like though.

4. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    Chaos League Home

That is the homepage for the game...probably should have given it when I did the post...

I can't believe you haven't heard of it...its been around for a while now...meh...you live and learn eh?

5. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Well at least its difficult. The Blood Bowl PC game was so easy.

6. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Cool, a high Kick and Stamp move :D

7. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Dave, can you give a short review of the game? Is it worth getting?

8. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    I can do my best Tassadar...although I'm not too good at reviews...

Chaos League is a Real Time Sports Strategy game, a fantasy American Football style game infact...a bit like Blood Bowl if you know that.

There are about 9 races I think, these are:
    • Humans
      Dwarfs
      Goblins
      Orcs
      Praetorians
      Undead
      Dark Elves
      Wood Elves
      Mercenaries
    You choose your team and buy name them, and buy the players...then you play games and move up and down the league, gaining and losing fans, and buying and selling players...your players level up gaining skills for themselves that can be used during games and things. You can also buy extra things, like cheer leaders, apothocaries, as well as bribes and drugs for your players...

The AI during the games is pretty good... although that just might be my bad playing :D ...although they do tend to use the smoke screen alot, which is quite annoying...the commentary during the matches is good until you hear the same comments about 50 zillion times.

a summary in my opinion:
    Gameplay - 6/7 (can get a bit samey)
    Graphics - 8
    Sound - 8 (good until you hear the same thing 40 times)
    Overall - 7/8 (its a good game and its fun to keep your team all through out the leagues, a good source of entertnment...but for some people might get old fast due to repetitiveness of sound and sometimes computer tactics).

Don't know if that helps...

9. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Cheers, Dave. How long is the game? ie - is it "unlimited seasons" or is there a cap of say 5 years before you have to restart a new campaign.

10. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    As far as I know its unlimited seasons...but I'm sure it must get to the point where you win so much it gets boring so you restart :p .

I think I'm on season 6...

11. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Well I just received the game today and am *trying* to play it... lots of buttons to click! Very cool so far, but I think, I might need to go through the tutorial properly as the interface is a bit tricky to navigate. I'm thinking of a mercenary team so I get to use someone from each race, but not so sure about an all-lineman lineup.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.