1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Changes in My Life

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Elios, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

You've probably noticed that I am starting to get back to my old ways around here with postings and topics.
    Well, I got fired a few weeks ago from my job. I was working at a small animal park up in the mountains were near where I live. For all intents and purposes it was a small road side zoo. The people who run the place no nothing about taking care of animals, so when they saw my resume, I got hired on the spot with hardly anything resembling an interview. Somehow they expected their workers to do the job of three people in half the time it would take those three to do it.
    Well, I was the only person there that actually was doing the job correctly, feeding, cleaning, etc. Since I was doing it correctly, I wasn't getting all the animal pens cleaned everyday. So I got fired. Ironic, isn't? Well, they're idiots and it was only a temp job anyway, but still.
    Well, I have more time on my hands, so I'm getting back to my regular amount of posting! Ready for the comment Apeman!
    I have also decided that what I really want to do is run my own company. So, that's what I am doing.
    The company is called "Pacific Coast Expeditions" Basically my business partners and I will be running "eco-tours" to various places in California. We are not officially open for business yet, but I do have a website up, though keep in mind, it is a work in development. http://pcexpeditions.tripod.com
    I'm still learning all the ins and outs of running a business here in California. Hint hint if anyone here knows anything and wants to get involed. pm me. Hopefully by this fall we'll be up and running!

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *hugs Elios*

It's SO good to have you back!

3. Kralizek Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Congratulations on your new job; sounds much more interesting than what you did previously. Getting people closer to nature is a noble and IMO much needed activity. May your business prosper. If I ever drop by, I will make sure to use your services. :)

4. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

"Talking to himself"

"Should I?" "It is getting old maybe?"
    "No it's not!!"
    "Alright here goes then"

Oh my god think of the topics increase :D

:thumb: good your back Elios :thumb:

5. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

It is very good that you are back. Now we may get some interesting topics again :D

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    If not interesting, at least bizarre! :lol:

Welcome back, Elios. I'm glad to hear that you've put a positive spin on being fired!

7. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31

If the animals aren't being properly taken care of, is there someone you should be contacting to look into it?

Good luck with the new business venture.

8. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ditto on what ArtE said. Please, if you would, report those jerks to the Humane Society, or whatever the association is where you live that monitors aniimal treatment. Please please. :(

9. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Congratulations for the new job.
    It's nice to hear that you love nature that much. :)

10. Elios Gems: 17/31

@ArtEChoke, Death Rabbit and others who had the same thoughts...
    If theres is one thing, its that you don't ^&$%%^ with me! I really hate being screwed over. I took down a former boss several years ago. Turned her into the FBI and Microsoft because her husband was making illegal copies of MS software and selling it, Department of Labor for violating the Fair Labor Standards Act in several places, OSHA and the fire marshal because we had highly volitile liquids sitting on a counter next to a microwave :confused: did not provide proper fire extinguishers and an escape plan and the IRS because she was dodging paying taxes by using the company accounts to buy groceries and stuff and then claiming them as business expenses. That way, she didn't get the money as part of her salary and didn't have to pay income taxes. The really funny thing was that her office was in the basement. So the IRS and fire marshall shows up one day. The IRS was confiscating all computer equipment and files. One nice little thing they did was put a lock on the door. My boss and her family were allowed one hour, with police, to pack bags and head off to a hotel for a week!
    As for this current job? USDA, Department of Fish and Wildlife, OSHA and possible the department of labor are all being contacted, but I can say more about that at this time.

11. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That's my boy! :thumb:

12. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31

Well great, give 'em hell.

But it sounds like you need to choose your employers more carefully... sheesh.

13. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Elios: Whoever teached you to irritate people, he sure did a good job! :p

Keep on posting, lad! :)

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Ah, the Holy Order of the Flooders lives on...

15. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Being relatively new to the Boards, I wasn't sure what this meant when I first read it. But looking at the number of topics Elios has started in the last day or so, I now understand. :p

16. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Don't worry splunge 'most' of them are actually good topics :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.