1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

CD 2 after Easthaven error

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Rage, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rage Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] When I try to go on expedition with Hrothgar, game stops and it asks me to put in CD2 and it doesn't have any effect. I do have original IWD, and cds seem to work just fine otherwise. I don't have original HoW, maybe that's the problem?

Is there any way to avoid switching CDs?

---------------

Maybe I found an error. My MVEfile2.bif on CD2/DATA folder seems to be damaged. Could it be the cause?

I know it's pretty big, about 140 MB, but if anyone would be willing to help me and send me that file I would be most grateful.
    You can contact me trough private message, ICQ, or I could give you my mail adress.
    Or maybe someone knows a link so I could download the file.
    Thank you.

[ June 07, 2006, 08:34: Message edited by: Rage ]

2. Rage Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] I managed to solve the problem. MOVfile2.bif had an error so i renamed MOVfile1.bif to MOVfile2.bif and it works, only i don't see the avalanche movie but intro movie instead.

It's not perfect but it's ok. Just in case someone will have the same problem.

Big thanks to people from gamebanshee forum. ;)

Btw, if someone stumbles on to real MOVfile2.bif somewhere downloadable, please contact me.

3. uglijimus Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hi Rage, I have this file "MVEfile2.bif " don't know if you still want it since you seem to have fixed it but I'd be willing to copy it for you. I just don't know how to get it to you....

4. Rage Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Well yeah, I'm very much interested.
    I was thinking of transfering it trough Icq, or similar programs. I could make a mail with enough space for it, or something else. Do you have any ideas?

Of course you may have limited bandwith so that could be a problem.

5. uglijimus Gems: 6/31

yeah, I dont' know how to transfer other than an upload site like [snip] but that has a limit of 100mb and the file is 142mb. If you can find an upload site that lets you host more than a 100mb per file, let me know, and I'll be more than happy to post it for you.

[ Undesirable link removed. ] - Beren

[ June 16, 2006, 10:21: Message edited by: Beren ]

6. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    megaupload.com has a limit of 250megs, and bigupload.com has a limit of 1gig.
    @Rage: did you check if the CD is dirty? Sometimes even too much dust can get you an error when trying to copy files.

7. Rage Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Well, you could try what Ziad suggested, thanks.
    Nope, it has pretty obvious scratched marks. I'm lucky that only that file is damaged so it works fine without movies.

8. uglijimus Gems: 6/31

9. Rage Gems: 2/31

[​IMG]
    Well, thanks for the effort at least. Maybe that bigupload.com would work?

[ June 12, 2006, 13:19: Message edited by: Rage ]

10. uglijimus Gems: 6/31

i already tried upload and that didn't work. don't know why this didn't work. i'll try it again.

here it is
    [snip] it worked for me....

[ Undesirable link removed. ] - Beren

[ June 16, 2006, 10:22: Message edited by: Beren ]

11. Rage Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Hahaha! Thanks, it works!
    Only problem is the movie is on Japanese. It sounds like a gnome with a weird accent is telling the story.

It will do, but if someone has english wersion, I would still like to have it!

Nhf uglijimus, I appreciate it. ;)

12. uglijimus Gems: 6/31

oh man...i'm sooo sorry, i totally forgot I'm playing the japanese version!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.