1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cayia's Horn

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Jim Babwe, Jul 29, 2002.

1. Jim Babwe Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I am back in Brynnlaw and trying to hook up with Saemon for a ride back to the mainland. He told me to get the Pirate Horn from Cayia at night, but when I go there, the house is empty, and there is no horn to be found. On a previous save game I entered her house during the day, caught her in the sack with some John, and she called the guards which I readily killed. Afterwards I could not find the horn, so I restored my game to a save before I entered her home during the day, but still cannot get the Pirate horn!

Can anyone help me get this horn to move the game forward. I don't want to bypass the boat ride and go straight to the underdark. Is there any way to break into Desharik's home and take it from there during the day? I am stuck, please help.

2. aldekeuk Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

It's supposed to be on the table in her house... (along with a rogue stone I think)

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It looks to me as something is messed up there. Are you sure you don't have some mods installed?

Anyway, you won't be able to get the horn on a normal means, so you may try with creating it from the console:
    CLUAConsole:CreateItem("MISC9G")

If this still doesn't help, zip your saved game and mail it to me.

[EDIT]
    aldekeuk, yes, you remember well, it should be on the table.

[ July 29, 2002, 22:39: Message edited by: Extremist ]

4. Jim Babwe Gems: 3/31

I don't have any mods installed, so go figure. I did visit this house before going to the asylum, and I think I did nab a rogue stone from there, but I'll be damned if there was a horn. I will try resting again and try to play it legit, otherwise, I guess I'll have to conjure this item up. JB.

5. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Are you SURE it's night? I once went there when I thought it was night (it was dark) and the horn wasn't there. Later I found out it was morning, not night.

6. Camlan Gems: 3/31

I had a similar problem with Cayia and the horn. I went to the house when it still was bright (I forgot it had to be at night) and found the house empty. I'm a bit 'curious' so I 'borrowed' some items from the house. When I went at night the house was empty too and Cayia wouldn't appear. I had to reload from a previous game and it worked, but I still wonder if it was a bug

7. aldekeuk Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

JB, I also visited the house before going to the Asylum and "borrowed" the Rogue Stone from the table. Then after the Asylum, I went back to the house, caught the lovers, killed the guards, and then the horn was there on the table. Sounds like you must have a bug.

[ July 30, 2002, 16:54: Message edited by: aldekeuk ]

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Make sure you check the time before going into the house. The hour has to be between 21 and 5 to be able to get the horn, otherwise, I'd say summon one in and let Ex see your file, so that we don't have this happen again.

9. Jim Babwe Gems: 3/31

Thanks for all the input. I guess it wasn't late enough when I first entered Cayia's home, because after resting a second time, I returned, killed the guards and lo and behold - found the horn. Now I am shark fishing in SC - JB.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.