1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can't cast Celestial Host

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Sai, May 30, 2004.

1. Sai Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello everybody, glad to see that there is still an active forum for PS:T

this is my problem: i am replaying the final encounter only to finally see the famous Celestial Host spell in action but i can't get it to work. Whenever TNO casts it, i get an animation as if the spell was interrupted, but i am pretty sure that nothing hit TNO during the casting. I also get a message that tells something about "Magic Resistance" but i can't figure out who is meant to be resistant since TTO gets damage from other spells and TNO has a MR of 5%. I have tried to center the spell on TNO, TTO and neutral area but the efect remains the same. Could somebody please tell me, what could be the problem ? I don't feel like the game is finished before i have seen its animation:)

the geme is patched and fix packed

I'd be thankfull for any advice.

greetings

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    In case you can't get it to work, I believe you can see the spell's animation separately in the movies section.

3. Sai Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Actually the movie section is only available after you have cast the spell at least once and then only the part with the dragon is shown. I took the cheater's aproach and edited in a second scroll of CH that i used on a mummy in the mortuary so at least i have seen it now

still can't figure out why i can't use any 9th level spell in the fortress though

thx for the answer

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I know, but you have a listing of all movie codes on SP and you could edit the ini to make it show even if you hadn't cast it yet, but not whole I guess. When Platter sees this topic he should probably be able to answer why you can't cast the spell on TNO.

5. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

Celestial Host is an area effect spell. The caster is not the target.

I have no idea what could cause Sai's problem.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.