1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can you make a NPC

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Calypso, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Calypso Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

2. diebysteel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

You could start a multiplayer game and create two or more characters. The first one is your pc, the other one is like a npc, he just don't have dialogues.

3. Calypso Gems: 1/31

No No not what i mean. My wanted to make my PC into a NCP so my frind could find me in his game. And if he does it right he would join his party.

4. diebysteel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

mh, what sounds like kind of a mod to me. With that i can't help you, and if you don't know how to mod yourself or find somebody really nice who makes that for you, it's not possible i think. :( sorry

5. Calypso Gems: 1/31

Ohhh so thats a mod for Bg2, Making new chars and adding them in. I'm sure theres tools out there to down load and used to make them. And how hard can it be to do?

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] to make PCs into NPCs:
    Do you mean with our own dialogues, quests, sounds etc...
    Or do you mean just so your friend can get you in the game?

7. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You can do that...but it's not a simple task. Take the comment of 8people for example!! It takes time and a bunch of tools you probably won't be familiar with. If you search in the Editors, hacks, etc here www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_editors.php you can find more information about this...just look for it with caution and patience!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2017
  8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] And always make sure you know what you are doing. Some programs can cause more harm than good - Shadowkeeper for example.

I wasn't going to suggest anything until I knew eactly what you wanted by it, but The Silver Bear beat me to it.

9. Calypso Gems: 1/31

More or less dialogues, sounds and maybe a few quests(not sure on that) What i would like to do is just have it so i can add the char into the game(set spot) and have a dialogue to get him/her into the party. and then add some more talking after they join.(all NCPs talk now again)

10. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] well - you need WeiDU then! Use Creature Maker to make the NPC.

Make your PC in SoA then export them, quit BG2 then open up CreatureMaker, in file you can see an option to make your Characture into a creature file.

I certainly hope you are comfortable playing with files and exploring different folders...

11. Calypso Gems: 1/31

And where can i get WeiDU? i looked around in Sp and i did not see it. maybe i over looked some thing

12. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Just look for it in the same place I said before ... there will be a link for a lot of MODs that can be retrieved from his site. You'll just find it even against your will!

I'm very very sorry!! It wasn't my will. :doh:

13. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.