1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Campfire

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by The Kilted Crusader, Mar 13, 2003.

1. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

A man sat alone in the forest. He had a fire going, deep and roaring high. No doubt there were other travellers in the woods, adventurers like himself, who would be attracted by the fire, and of the heat and security it promised.

The man pulled his hood down low, in an attempt to cover the rag that covered his blind eyes. A whisp of silver blonde hair flowed from the cloak, yet he let it be.

Morningstar turned his head as he heard the crack of a twig being broken. He shifted his hand from the great sword at his side as the words echoed "Hello the camp!"

OoC: now its up to you. Post in describing your character, and maybe we'll get a story going.

2. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Is this an FA or just a story?

3. The Kilted Crusader

Just describe your character, and if we get a few people we can embark on some quest or other.

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I apologize, but perhaps this would be better suited in the Roleplay Corner? Anyways, it's not my call.

(I will post my character, if I come up with one, later. Sorry.)

5. The Kilted Crusader

Sorry, I explained that first bit rather badly. You see you are the travlellers that find the camp seeking security and warmth. Just thought I'd clear that up.

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

ooc: This is definitly a roleplay and belongs in the RP Corner.

IC: A young man is seen coming through the bush towards the campfire. You notice that he has a sword strapped to his hip and a number of bulges in his sleeve. He wears a deep blue coloured shirt and black pants.
    "Hello friend, don't mind if I join you? Its bloody cold out here."

7. The Kilted Crusader

OoC: The reason I didn't want to put this in Roleplay corner, is that I wanted people to have the freedom of using other peoples characters as well as writing their own intents and outcomes. Also, this is a custom world that will build up as we go along.

IC: "Come, sit" said the young man already sitting by the fire. The other man did so, shifting his sword so that it would not hinder him as he sat.

An uncomfortable silence followed, as the swordsman who had found the campsite was expecting conversation. The swordsmen broke it, "What is your name?" he said, "And what are you doing in such a freezing hole?"

"My name is Morningstar." the young man said, "And my intent in these woods are not of my own choice." The swordsmen's face was evident with suprise as the young man's cowl fell back revealing his handsome features and the rag that covers your eyes."

"You're blind." the swordsman said. It was more of a statement than a question. Morningstar smiled.

"In a way. Come then friend,tell me why you are in this 'freezing hole' as you so delicately put it"

8. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Falduran was stalking through the woods when his Elven eyes caught something glowing in the distance. Falduran walk over towards the fire and was met with a brilliant warmth radiating from the fire, "Ahh bliss" thought Falduran.
    "And who are you" quiried one of them two men sitting near to the fire
    "i am Falduran, the Elf" replyed Falduran defiently
    "and whom may you be" asked Falduran

9. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

"Morningstar."

"Kaleon."

Then there was another rustle.

Falduran drew his weapon.

"I will not harm you."

The creature, who trudged out of the bushes, made them all gasp.

He was six feet tall and looked like a muscular man, but his body was covered with green scales. He had deep green eyes and his hair was messy and long, also green. HIs only weapons were two sharp circles he held.

"I am Lancarthos, son of Neru Benarrthos, one of the Caelastili clan."

Falduran gasped.

"You... you are..."

"Belorthi," said Kaleon.

10. Oaz Gems: 29/31

The stunned silence lingers around, and slowly begins to stagnate.

The scream of an Orc shatters the quiet.

"Rarrrgh! Damn Elves! Kill 'em! I'll kill 'em all! Stupid, skinny, blaturk Elves!"

The Orc continues to scream and rant in fury, and he eventually stumbles upon the campfire, axe in hand, and an arrow (clearly of Elven make) in his left eye.

11. Dalveen

Media:
    "man that looks sore" stated Falduran
    "it was you wasnt it?" asked the orc
    "no it wasnt me, i may be good with the bow but im prefer using my trusty longsword" answered Falduran
    "Well we had better get this treated, come over here and ill deal with it, dont suppose anyone minds helping?" said Morningstar..

12. Eze Gems: 24/31

"Not me," said Lancarthos. He strapped his circles to his belt and helped the orc to sit near Morningstar.

13. Oaz Gems: 29/31

"Oh, yes," the Orc mutters sarcastically, "your longsword is so much more preferrable than this cursed arrow in my eye. Holy Gruumush! What have I, your follower Kroktoth, done to invoke your wrath?"

Kroktoth snarls at the others.

"Take care of my eye and get it over with. In turn, I promise my tribe - or at least most of them - won't bother you."

14. Eze Gems: 24/31

"You would going to be blind from that eye, if I weren't here. This will hurt. Sorry."

Lancarthos took hold of the Orc's arm and pulled the arrow out.

Kroktoth hissed in pain. Lancarthos tossed the arrow away and placing his left index finger on Kroktoth's eye, began to chant.

Others watched in awe, as green lights ran across the Orc's eye and knitted it together, leaving no trace of what had happened earlier.

15. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Kroktoth snorts and snarls at Lancarthos.

"I had hoped for a missing eye, to further myself in the image of Gruumush, but this will do."

Eyeing his healer, he becomes suspicious.

"And what manner of spirit are you?"

[ March 15, 2003, 20:50: Message edited by: C'Jakob ]

16. Eze Gems: 24/31

"Belorthi or Earthdemons, as others call us. We live underground and rarely come out, unless war is coming. Our god is Holx'Se'Carthion, who created us. There are four clans:Caelastiri, Archoni, Neelale and Raucos. Our powers range from to causing earthquakes and I was born with the healing ability. I hope that is enough. Would you four care to spill some information as well?"

Lancarthos smiled.

17. Dalveen

Media:
    "Me? Well im just a good old elf, i come from the Elven city about 20km North, err there the ones that shot Kroktoth." replyed Falduran

18. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Kroktoth stands up proudly.

"You are a strange spirit, Lancarthos. I am of the Black Tusk tribe in these woods. Someday, someday, we will eradicate the bothersome Elves that trouble us!"

He looks down at Falduran.

"Ah, well, maybe not you. But it would be crazy to associate with a demon, much less a Elf."

[ March 16, 2003, 16:38: Message edited by: C'Jakob ]

19. The Kilted Crusader

"Lucky bastard" muttered Morningstar as the orcs eye healed, as he fingered the rag around his own eyes.

20. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Kroktoth shrugs and leaves, tossing a few copper bits to the rag-tag group of people around the campfire. He heads off toward his tribe, muttering about strange demons with inexplicably long names and angry blind men.

Upon reaching his campgrounds, he gives a bellow of shock and anger.

"Holy Gruumush."

His entire tribe has been slaughtered - chieftains, warriors, slaves, and children.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.