1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Call for proof-readers!

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Shura, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] Ok, people, as a few of my fellow SPers would know, I intend to submit an entry for the WOTC open novel call for a story entitled Maiden of Pain.

It will be about a cleric of Loviatar, Faerunian Deity of Pain and I do need some criticism, since I can't possibly post it here.

Those interested can respond to this topic or PM me and I shall email my intended entry sample to you by this weekend.

2. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  4. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] Me is in :D

Never miss a chance to get something good to read :) I'll try to be critical ;)

5. ashen_rumble Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

6. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I've just read through your Shura tales to get an idea of how you write, (I've never kept up with the Creativity Surge Forum, but I will now :grin: ) and I must say, color me impressed :)

I'd love to proofread your tale. My email is in the button above this post.

7. Danj Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

OOOH! I'm game! Send send send!!! I'll try and criticize it.... but no promises, ok? Coz i basically suck at criticizing stuff but I still wanna read it.

Send at krazy_flea@hotmail.com

8. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

9. Shura Gems: 25/31

[​IMG] Alright folks, check your mail by this sunday...

10. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Send it to me too. Pwease... *looks hopeful, while brandishing lightsabers*

11. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
  12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

13. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Perhaps I could take a look at it... It might even prove to be entertaining. (And maybe you could do in exchange something for me... ;) )

Silverium¤@¤suomi24.fi (Remove the '¤'s)

14. Foobster Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

15. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I have in the past made some feeble attempts at writing. I think that I would be a very good writer if I actually put a great deal of time into it, but I never can find all that. Any way, send it to me at kj7687@hotmail.com please. My mom is like the best editor around and get's paid up to 40 bucks an hour for doing just this sort of thing. I would like to get a chance to try it out myslelf. And besides I could "always use something good to read".

16. Shura Gems: 25/31

Aye, I've gotten responses from Virne and Tal...much thanks to the two of them for their criticism. Gave me many a thoughtful nod as I looked over my work again and racked my brain for ideas.

I await the views of the rest eagerly so that I can drag Eonidas and gang back to the drawing board with better ideas.

Once again, I thank you for your time. :wave:

17. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Mhmm, I didn't receive any mail yet...

If you still need a proofreader, woutsmits@hotmail.com is still open ;)

18. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Shura, I can't open my attachment, when I try, I just get a copy of the screen.

19. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Methinks that you should lead it in a bit more. A bit more at the begining to intrtoduce the setting and everything. Plus a better description of the slaughter and well as more useless and irrelivant information.

20. Shura Gems: 25/31

[​IMG] OK, folks. V 1.01 will be ready soon. I have taken into account many of your views. Do let me know who wishes to proof-read a second time.

Thanks, again.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.