1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

By my honour....

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shura, Mar 10, 2001.

1. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I swear to tone down and lessen my rants about genital mutilation.
    Murder and torture are FUN!!

2. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] *thinks Shura should be slapped around a little and taught some respect for his betters*

3. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

/me hands his trout over to Darien to do a little smacking on Shura with. But seriously, THANK GOD. The nut cutting was a little much to stomach.

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

what about vaginal punching shura?

5. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Trout? How about a 15 pound mackerel? Knocks 'em off the pier everytime, heh heh...

And on that most noble of notes, I don the robes of an apprentice.

And the peasants rejoice.

6. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] LOL :D

*decides that The Wise, The Grey actually does have a sense of humour*

7. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Hey Darien i think the trouts are following you wherever you go (smart beasts *g*). Maybe it's time for an extension to your nick: Darien "The Troutmother" Noella :D
    *quickly hides his carp*

8. Shura Gems: 25/31

I don't hit women.

9. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] Err, Shura, but if you REALLY ARE chaotic evil, you do not have honour! :D

And Sniper! For God's sake! What do they teach children nowadays??? :o

I'm really surprised that the rest of you took that in stride. For me, that was truly something new and nauseatingly sickening.

But I adapt fast. :)

10. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

Rakanishu- Tal and BTA delete them, I just ignore them. As The Wise,The Grey so eloquently pointed out to Sniper in another thread:

"In all honesty, I find you annoying. I try to give you the benefit of the doubt and remember that you're still a young lad and not yet a man."

That about sums it up for me too.

11. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] Aaaaaaah! (Ka-Ding! The gears have locked into place!)

Darien Noella gets 10 000 experience points!

I should get some too! :D

12. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] *tosses a measly 1,000 xp at the feet of Rakanishu*

There, happy? :D

13. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] Slow and steady wins the race!

That 1000 xp should be enough to get my character to Level 2! :D

14. Shura Gems: 25/31

I got Neutral Good in the alignment test but everyone around me condemmns me as an unredeemable evil being who must be destroyed for the good of society. Luckily for me, murder is illegal over here. If not, I would have to fight of assasination attempts every 5 minutes.
    So I guess I'm neutral good, yet considered chaotic evil. I always find myself cheering for Ertuu when I read Salvatore though.
    GO TA'NAARI!

15. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] You see, it's just as I guessed. Why do you actually buy their drivel? Do you actually believe them?

Is it better to affirm what they say in their eyes than to be your true self? Is it really better to do so just to spite them and yet potentially alienate others?

Who are they to judge you anyway? What did you do? Does conscience govern their actions? How can you let a lowly Lemure wannabe condemn you? How can you mimic what they say?

By the way, aren't you thinking of emigrating by now? I hear Canada is good.

16. Shura Gems: 25/31

Lessee... I believe in Individualism and freedom of thought and speech. And not having to work within a hive community which is a sin in my society. Damned formians!
    I believe that when helping people, you do so because you feel it is a good thing to do. Helping people without getting some benefits in return is an unforgivable sin over here as well. Every one of the so-called 'upper social classes' is expected to do their part in upholding bigotry and intolerance of people who do not conform to their standards. I refuse to do so.
    Respect must be earned IMO(and I don't care what anyone has to say about this) and elders must first prove themselves before I listen to them. Not many people agree with this kind of philosophy.
    And finally, to me, rules are only of any use if they help people. They should be discarded whenever the situation calls for it. Not so over here.
    PS, the one thing I really cannot agree with in my society is the One for All, and None for One philosophy. Anyone ever considered the plight of the guy sacrificed for 'the good of the country'
    To do so is blaphesmous.
    Which is why a lot of rectums over here need a katana shoved up them forcibly and quickly and churned repeatedly.

17. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] My God Shura! You said it! You said what I myself feel all along!

I too HATE the human hive. When you come to think about it, the human hive is an unnatural THING. Living in Singapore it's shortcomings must be even more clear.

Well anyway, I know what you mean. I've been through all that before. I think a change of scenery does MUCH more than ranting about the same old things.

:)

18. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Just my two cents on respect.

Shura I realize that you and I are in two totally different situations, however just the fact that we post here and fight with each other gives us a few things in common.

Anyways, I disagree with you on this point. Why not just respect your elders by default - then if it is unfounded, be disrespectful or whatever. If you come across as indignant and stubborn towards everyone up front, well I'm sorry to say that you are just shooting yourself in the foot. I also believe in earning respect, however there will always be a hierarchy no matter where you are from. The choice is simple, fight the system and make life miserable, or use the rules to your own advantage.

Oh and by the way, Canada is full at the moment. j/k :D

p.s. I am not totally ignorant to your situation I guess. I worked quite closely with a Chinese fellow who was born and raised in Brunei. He told me many stories of society and oppression of minority groups (which he was) in his country. Brunei is quite close to Singapore, are they similar countries?

[This message has been edited by Lord Moeken (edited March 14, 2001).]

19. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Amazing, just how fast a thread can be woven.

Thank you Darien, for acknowledging my oftentimes all-too-subtle sense of humour. In return, you seem to be a real fun girl, emanating that cheerful feminine exuberance that soo easily melts my heart. And wit, to boot.

I'll now take a moment to bask in acknowledgement, for those opportunities are so few and far between.

20. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, the first time I gave you some acknowledgement, I got torn a new one! ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.