1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BUGS - Old or New?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Little Man With BIG Nose, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Little Man With BIG Nose Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hi all

Having played TOEE quite a lot here lately and gone quite far (I believe), I reached the other planes(fire, water etc.) and beat up this Balor dude on the fire plane.
    But before the battle ended my cleric cast 'silence'spell that also hit some of my members. Weird thing is that the 'silence' effect still remains (785/800) no matter how long I rest. No spells seems to work (dispell, break enchantment etc.). So now I have a Sorceres that can not cast any spells at all due to this. GREAT! Pretty much useless :-( Wasen't such a big problem if it was not because I saved on top of this.

I have also summoned 3 Mordakains Faithful dogs (or something like that, Wizard spell level 5)now and they won't dissapear and does not ever take any damage?

I experience many game crashes where the screen freezes - especialy on the lower levels of the Temple and on the outer planes.

This games have SO many bugs that I'm not even sure I ever want to play it again. And that is a shame because I really think it was funny. I have experienced almost all the bugs mentioned on this site!

Have all 3 official patches on!

SO any suggestiions on how to remove a 'Silence' spell effect??????????? :mad:

2. fkirenicus Gems: 1/31

You may try to get the Silent Spell feat at level 10, if the character hasn't got that far yet... That theoretically could solve the problem. Otherwise, I noticed yesterday that Restoration doesn't seem to work either... After a battle on the Water Node, my wizard had STR -10 (!!). I couldn't "heal" it, but fortunately the effects wore off after resting.
    As for my own part, I'll play it again, but first I'll do a full uninstall (including checking the registry for "unwanted" strings), reinstall, apply patch 2, the Circle of Eight fan mod and Moebius' fixed temple.dll patch (which fixes more than the official patches, according to who's who). :)
    Oh, and a suggestion... Use more than 1 savegame (I have at least 5 at the time being). :)
    Good luck!

[ February 01, 2005, 14:41: Message edited by: fkirenicus ]

3. Little Man With BIG Nose Gems: 1/31

Problem is that they allready are 10th level. and normally I also use 5-10 save games! But this time I just saved over the latest (did not think that the effect of a silence spell would last of course). Hmm... restoration seems to work for me although I haven't tried it yet on the different nodes.

I can really recommend 2 sorceres in the group with 18 in charisma. They are really offensive having 8 magic missiles... 6 fireballs and 4-5 ice storms each (depending on your choise of spells of course) at level 10. You are facing many enemies that are just gathered in one big group making area attacks like fireball, web and ice storm ideal.
    No need to go and sneak into a room and explore it and use sneak attacks anymore... Just burn it out when combat starts :)
    Focus on evocation, spell penetration and other feats that might boost their offensive powers!

4. fkirenicus Gems: 1/31

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.