1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bug!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Llandon, Jul 17, 2001.

1. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Hi!

I decided to play BGII again from the start with TOB installed....I'm in chapter 3, and I've just been given the assingment to go and taki out Bodi. There should be a mage and a golem waiting for me infront of her hideout in under the graveyadd.......but they are NOT there! I can't get in! and yes, I have talked to the head Shadow Thief! Anyone had this problem....or know what to do about it?

2. Subra Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Until I installed the official patch, I got all manner of strange buggy things happening...after the patch, everything seems to run fine.

3. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

umm, are you in the right place? you have to go down under the graveyard, past the spider nest. and then in the left of the screen the chap and his golem will be waiting

4. Llandon Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Yea.....I'm in the right place, I've finished BGII 2 times before. I have the BGII patch installed....should I install the Beta Patch for TOB as well? I was going to wait until the official patch came out.....is there a way to make the door open or the golem and the mage appear with ShadowKeeper?

5. Killer Dwarf Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Im on chapeter 3 right now waiting for night to fall for the mook thing. I have the offical patch installed i will keep you informed if i have the same problem.

Killer Dwarf
    The Baby Killing Paladin

6. Llandon Gems: 13/31

Veteran

are y'all talking about the official BGII patch, or the TOB Beta Patch?

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Llandon, the only way you can try to resolve that is to uninstall the complete thing and then install ONLY BG2-SoA with official patch but without expansion.

Of course, you'll install ToB once when you are about to finish SoA. And why? ToB is full of bugs noone knows about yet. Especially us who don't have that expansion yet.

8. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I have TOB installed and did not have that problem. The mage and golem were right where they were supposed to be. Try going back to a save game just befor getting the last quest from Aran.

9. Llandon Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Thanks for sugesting uninstall and reinstall....I hadn't thought of that! I'm gonna try a few other things first, but if all else fails, I'll try the uninstall. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know!

10. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

um i had this same problem... someone on this board gave me a patch.. think it was slappy.. i am searchin for it.. will edit this message if i find it :D

<EDIT> ok was taluntain.. sorry and it is for if you cannot get through the barred doors. Here is the link he gave me... http://members.home.net/mrkevvy/FixedBG2BodhiLairInaccessible.zip

[This message has been edited by Kitiara (edited July 18, 2001).]

11. Llandon Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Thanks again....I'm still having trouble with this! I tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Thanks for the link Kitara (I love DL by the way)......but it doesn't work! (the link that is). I emailed the owner of the web site that offers the fix, but I haven't heard back. If anyone else has any suggestions please let me know! THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF THE KIND PEOPLE THAT HAVE TRIED TO HELP!

12. Solarus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The more I think about this...the more I think that it might not be that the golem and magic user didn't show up..it may be something else....the big stone slab infront of the entrance is gone....my party is in a hallway flanked by staues, and at the end of the hall is a door flanked by 2 big (egyptian?) statues.....this is the door that cannot be opened! I can't pick, force, or knock it! I get message that my hands are shakeing too much to open the door! What the hell? I've finished this game two times already, and haven't had this problem! I can't figure it out!

13. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

14. Llandon Gems: 13/31

Veteran

[​IMG] Thanks for the links Wildfire....I was able to download the file into my overide folder as instructed.....but it doesn't help :(

Any other advice....can anything be done using shadowkeeper? I haven't had much use for any kind of cheets/editors, but I am starting to get desperate.

15. Solarus Gems: 1/31

I didn't realise that I was postingunder two different names...Solarus and Llandon. I hope that this didn't confuse any of y'all. I have 2 computers and I guess I registered with different names on them. I hope this isn't against the rules.

I still can't fix this problem, and I'm statring to get really depressed....does anyone else have any suggestions? :(

16. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

try using the teleport cheat, and teleport to the other side of the door. I'm not sure if triggers gets skipped this way, but it's worth a try

use the console, how to do it can be found here: http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/cheats.php

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2017
  17. Solarus Gems: 1/31

That's a great Idea! I'll try that one when I get home tonight! If anyone else has any ideas please let me know.

I posted my problem on another site, and got some advice about what was missing....it seems that the order of events that are supposed to occur are 1) mage and golem open stone doors 2) mage and golem go away 3) vampire appears, opens door and attacks. Eventhough the golem and MU never showed up, the stones have been moved, and I have access to the hallway, but the door is still locked. I need to find out why the vampire is not appearing. Is it possible that I somehow killed or trapped him? (I know that there are several named vampires that you see attacking shadowtheives in various parts of the city, maybe this is one of those vampres). Is there a cheat that allows you to open doors? Or triger events? Hopefuly the transport cheat will help me out...y'all keep your finers crossed! Thanks again for all of your help!

18. Llandon Gems: 13/31

Veteran

DAMN! I enabled the cheats and then jumped inside the Tomb....but it didn't work :(
    I don't know what to do! Anymore suggestions? Does anyone know any sites that I can go to to search for fixes?

19. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm afraid I can't be of any help to you on your problem, but I think we'd prefer it if you'd choose either Solarus or Llandon as your nick and stick with it rather than going back and forth from one to the other.

20. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Ask Extremist for the code of the Mage (I dont have much insight to the more techie stuff, but Extremist is crawling through the engine all the time :p), so you can create him from the console. I believe this will work as creating characters will initiate the first automatic dialogue that should appear as if you met him by normal means

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited July 20, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.