1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BTA, BTA, Wherefor Art Thou?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Lord Moeken, May 31, 2001.

1. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Damn, that moderater job must be alot of work. I notice that BTA's and Darien's postings have been quite minimal as of late. I miss the witty replies and the shameless flaming. What will I do without the informational banter and verbacious soliloqies that I had become so accustomed to? How I long for the days when BTA would solve some impossible riddle in like 5 minutes flat, or come to the aid of some poor BG2 sap who had nowhere left to turn. The wheel continues to turn and regular posters ascend to the heights of moderator status with little time for us little people. :( ;)

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I distinctly remember BTA saying something about going to the drycleaners to pick up his skirt.... :D

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    LOL! Nonsense Moeken! I will normally reply a couple of times a day somewhere on the boards.

I will admit that I haven't been posting as much lately for the simple reason that most things are a rehash of things I've posted about countless times before and have not been in the mood to repeat myself for the umpteenth time. But any time there's an interesting post (such as this one ;) ) rest assured you'll see my name somewhere in there... :)

Oh, and Bel, that's kilt, not skirt ;)

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited May 31, 2001).]

4. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] I gotta agree with BTA here. I can't even go in the BG2 forum anymore. All I see are countless rehashed topics and stupid topics like "What's the best solo character to play through the game with in one sitting" or other useless I've-played-this-game-for-the-50th-time-and-I've-nothing-better-to-do type of topics. I'll post in the BG forum and grant my opinions to the new players, and I'll post here because there is always something new to talk about. NWN, Por2, and 3rd edition forums are fun when something interesting is posted. Maybe I'm just getting to old and crotchety, but I need something new to come out soon so I'll have something interesting to post about or I'll have to start going to bed early :D

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Aha Blackthorne is Scottish???

Well then we got something common. Dutch and Scottish, the two most thrifty coutnries in the world ;)

But I really appriciate the fine Johnie Walker and Glennfiddish whiskey they make :)

6. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Headbanger;

Comparing the Dutch to the Scottish is a huge insult. I should know being 100% Dutch (3rd Gen in America - you kicked my fore-fathers out! ;) )

But I guess you're right, they are both thrifty. Which is how copper wire got invented. A dutchman & a scot happened upon a penney at the same time . . .

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Well at least both the Dutch and the Scottish really love to party. I got a Scotish friend living in London and when I visit him we always have much fun, drinking some Grolsch Beer/Whiskey and telling jokes about the English :)

And I had so much fun after the soccermatch Netherlands-Scotland in Arnhem (where I live)

8. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm a wee bit Scottish! I went to the Scottish Games near my town about 2 weeks ago! It was a blast! Bridies and beer and bagpipes! I asked if I could join the caber toss competition, but apparently all the participants are pros...

I go into the BG2 forum occasionally, it's funny how the same questions are being asked - But there are also different people answering them...It's kind of cool actually.

BTA - Good to see it was a kilt...I was getting worried! :D

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Whoa Bel! Do you think you could actually toss a caber going in cold? You'd probably pull every muscle in your back trying to flip that telephone pole over! :)

10. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] I've tossed a caber or two in my time, well, not the official cabers mind you. Heh, I knew BTA couldn't resist the bait set forth :). I agree that the topics found in the BG2 forum are getting quite old, but I suppose it is also a function of the amount of time that many of us have been members on these boards. Pretty soon everything seems like a rehash.

BTW, I'm one fourth Scottish. Reminds me of how my grandmother told me how the Grand Canyon was formed - a visiting Scotsman dropped a nickel down a gopher hole. ;)

11. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I feel I must post here, just to say that I am a kilted barbarian from the far north :D ( of the UK that is)

12. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] I feel I must post here just to say that "wherefore" means "why". :D

BTA,BTA, Why Are You? ... eh?

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited July 07, 2001).]

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] The question is good!

It isn't finished though.

What was it ment to be?

Why are you...
    1. ...pretty/ugly/etc?
    2. ...lazy/hasted/etc?
    3. ...smart/dumb/etc?
    4. ...dragon/imp/etc?
    5. ...lowlife/hmmm/etc?

Don't have time to think of more...
    ;)

14. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    That's a difficult question... Metaphysics has never been my forte... ;)

15. FenixStrife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

umm, just out of curiosity, doesnt wherefore mean 'why' ?

-FenixStrife

EDIT: oops, Darien already said that

/me feels stupid

[This message has been edited by FenixStrife (edited June 01, 2001).]

16. Capstone Gems: 16/31

Considering that Darien misspelled "wherefore", you probably shouldn't feel too stupid. Yes, I know Lord Moeken spelled it wrong to begin with.

I am Scottish as well! Long live the Scots! Sadly I haven't been to visit my homeland, but I hope to make it there someday.

17. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Whoops. Takes some real skill to use the wrong word, and then spell it incorrectly as well. Sorry for the confusion, although I'm sure the intent of my message is relatively clear. Engineers aren't supposed to be gifted writers, that way any proffesional report can be left open for interpretation and possible defense if need be. :)

18. Capstone Gems: 16/31

I'm an engineer and I resent that allegation!

Actually it seems to me that a professional report (notice the correct spelling there) should by definition be grammatically correct. In the business world you are too often judged simply by the quality of your communication, whether written or spoken.

19. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Capstone, you're being quite the victim here this fine day. All that bottled up resentment should be put to better use ;)
    If you could somehow channel these feelings into a professional report, just think of the incredible accolades you would receive.
    In my experience, the content of a paper generally holds more weight than whether it is written using flowery, correct grammar or not. (Within reason of course)

EDIT: I didn't like the sound of my second sentence, so I made some slight adjustments. :D

[This message has been edited by Lord Moeken (edited June 08, 2001).]

20. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I've decided...you're all weird!

God! and don't correct the guy on his title Darien! I don't think anyone else apart from you noted his mistake! Now look what you have done! Made us all confused with your 'pointing out mistakes' antics! :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.