1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Borat

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Barmy Army, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yagshemash! Is anybody here to see the new Borat film? Is nice, I like. Chenquieh!

2. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Yagshemash! Pepsi Max! I go see Borat: Cultural Learnings of America For Make Benefit Glorious Nation Of Kazakhstan on Friday of week coming next.

I love Borat, he make me happy! I like.

I make the EDIT: If you not liking film, I will crush you.

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

You want to touch ? :shake:

I have a DVD with a compilation of never before broadcasted sketches of both Ali G and Borat, and it cracks me up every time i watch it. It gets even better when i consume a handful of magic mushrooms up front. :D

4. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Yes, I like.

Can I touch your chram? You touch mine!

[ October 26, 2006, 20:34: Message edited by: Apeman ]

5. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I just saw the trailer of Borat when I watch The Departed. Honestly, I find it a little bit funny but am skeptical about what I really think about it.

6. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

If you watch this movie I will make you powerful, like Stalin. Wawaweewa! Sexy time!

7. Barmy Army

Media:
    High five!

8. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    I wait for movie here. In meantime, I have romance inside of girl... and wait for liquid explosion... :lol:

9. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Borat tonight! Pity I have to go out with the team for dinner :o

10. Barmy Army

Media:
    With the team? what team? You mean with work? Bugger that mate, I always avoid company outings like the plague.

11. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Me too, its like doing unpaid overtime, but I just transferred to another part fo the company so I have to make a good impression.

12. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    That movie was...was.... Awesome! Perfect! Sexytime!
    This here is Trellheim, the town rapist, naughty, naughty.

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I hate Ali G but I'm definitely going to see this.

14. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Borat was amazing, though I don't think it will go down well in the US for many reasons...

15. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Oh.
    My.
    God.

I can honestly say that I'd never before laughed that hard for that long. Every 20 seconds, if that, I was laughing anew. So. Much. Good. Stuff.

So was the rest of the audience; though the rest of the audience was about thirty people, since I saw it 10:30 pm on sunday.

16. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It was packed. Apparently it was on only 800 screens and grossed $26 million, roughly $6 million more than Santa Claus 3, which was on over 3000 screens. I haven't laughed that hard in a very long time.

17. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    It looks interesting. I might give it a try. Especially with so many recommendations on this thread.

18. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Doesn't come out here in Australia till the 23rd of November... :(

19. War Nerve

War Nerve And it took me back to something that I'd lost

I doubt that; we can laugh at our own country sometimes as well. People who go to see the movie are going to be expecting a comedy which makes fun of things in the US in a blunt fashion unless they've been blind to the past month of non-stop Borat advertisements (not to mention the movie's R rating).

[ November 07, 2006, 07:18: Message edited by: War Nerve ]

20. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Glad its doing well in the US :thumb:

Was the 'hotel scene' cut in the US version? I read that the puppet sex scene in Team America was censored in the US, while it was uncut with a '15' certificate here.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.